Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Ability to enter transactional line without $0.00 appearing

Ultimate Partner

2,917Posts

720Kudos

362Solutions

2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

I would prefer to see the old way of using blank lines come back - I use item layout where I have items setup for Job Number/Job Name etc - these become searchable items and useful, however now I can't use them because a blank $0.00 on every line in the invoiuce - I can use "blank lines" in some cases - but these aren't searchable. Bring back the old way.

"$0.00 on every blank line"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2014

Thank you for the clarification Jenny. I see that you wish to be able to add transaction lines with amounts of$ 0.00, while entering values in other fields (such as items or transaction dates), so that these can be used as normal transaction lines by other functions such as find transactions, or exporting without $0 lines printing on invoices.

33 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the clarification Jenny. I see that you wish to be able to add transaction lines with amounts of$ 0.00, while entering values in other fields (such as items or transaction dates), so that these can be used as normal transaction lines by other functions such as find transactions, or exporting without $0 lines printing on invoices.
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks Liam - but does this mean its under consideration? - or is anything going to get done - or will we be waiting for the next two years for something to happen?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @jenniek 

Thanks again for your feedback. I'll ensure the product development team provide an update as soon as they are able to.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

accountsjane
4 Posts
Cover User

I'M ALSO HAVING THIS PROBLEM.  HOW CAN I GET AROUND IT PLEASE?

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @accountsjane 

As mentioned in the post you will need to either select an account for the line or enter it as a Blank or Header line.

Sussan
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi

The invoices we require (and were able to easily utilise within our previous version of MYOB) are professional layout invoices that allow you to enter a date for each line, without having a dollar figure against each notation.  Our dollar figure for the majority of cases is only required for the last line of our invoice.  It appears now that the current version only allows for the following:

In the professional layout if you include a 'transaction line' it will always put 0.00 in the amount column even if you don't want one there

In the professional layout, you can insert a 'blank line' in order to get rid of the 0.00 values, however in doing this, you are not able enter a date for that particular line.

In the service layout, the date field is removed, so you can potentially include a date in the description field however  you still need to insert a blank line for almost every line in our invoices.

Am I missing something??

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sussan

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea.

AccountRight Live will include any lines on the invoice to be a transactional lines, this will give them a $0.00 amount for the line. This is different to AccountRight Classic, which I personally actually thinks it does it incorrectly. I think this because if you enter a date, description and select an account you are basically saying this is an amount on the line even those it is zero thus will print zero. 

To get around this in AccountRight Live you would need to enter a header line. The point of a header line is to enter a description without the need to enter a transactional line. With a professional layout you are unable to enter in a date with a header line as you are entering a description only. This does follow the same process as the AccountRight Classic range in regards to not entering a date for header lines.

Once again thank you for your comments and feedback.

BellaGeorgie
6 Posts
Cover User

I have used professional layout invoices for years in earlier versions - they let you to enter a date for each line without having a dollar figure.  Often the dollar figure is only required for the last line of the invoice and the date on one or several.

The current version only allows for the following:

In the professional layout if you include a 'transaction line' it will always put 0.00 in the amount column even if you don't want one there

In the professional layout, you can insert a 'blank line' in order to get rid of the 0.00 values, however in doing this, you are not able enter a date for that particular line

In my mind they look messy and not professional at all -  if the description goes over several lines the dollar value is spaced in the middle of the transaction line.

Please bring back the older better looking option

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BellaGeorgie

Thank you for your feedback in regards to professional layout invoices

Along with commenting you can show your support for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange by voting. To vote for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange select the + VOTE button to the left of the Idea's name.

billy75
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have recently upgraded to AccountRight from a very old v14. When I used to enter sales I could type a few lines of text without having to assign it a money value, and I could do it straight away without any mucking around. Now I have to insert a blank line every time I enter a sale. Which can be up to 100 at a time. Recurring transactions are helpful but not always appropriate and it is a pain to keep right clicking, not to mention time consuming. Can this be adjusted please?