Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Ability to enter transactional line without $0.00 appearing

Ultimate Partner

2,917Posts

720Kudos

362Solutions

2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

I would prefer to see the old way of using blank lines come back - I use item layout where I have items setup for Job Number/Job Name etc - these become searchable items and useful, however now I can't use them because a blank $0.00 on every line in the invoiuce - I can use "blank lines" in some cases - but these aren't searchable. Bring back the old way.

"$0.00 on every blank line"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2014

Thank you for the clarification Jenny. I see that you wish to be able to add transaction lines with amounts of$ 0.00, while entering values in other fields (such as items or transaction dates), so that these can be used as normal transaction lines by other functions such as find transactions, or exporting without $0 lines printing on invoices.

33 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @billy75

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight

I have merged your idea with this similar existing idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

PlumbersWife
5 Posts
Cover User

Why can't we have the option of the transaction line printing the $0.00 or not printing the $0.00.

PlumbersWife
5 Posts
Cover User

Let us have the option of whether we want an account allocated per transaction line or not.  A $0.00 printed on each line looks disgraceful. 

Don't tell me to insert a header or a blank line because 1. I cannot add a date to it and 2. it is a pain in the backside to manually insert 30-40 lines per invoice.  This program is supposed to save us time (or thats what you advertise it as)

but it now actually increases my workload tremendously by having to manipulate each line individually to get a half decent looking invoice.

One minor change would make so many peoples lives easier.

VOTE FOR CHANGE PEOPLE, NO MORE $0.00 LINES ON INVOICES.

HanTen
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Plumberswife, Your situation sounds similar to mine. I have figured out a workaround if you are interested. This has been doing my head in though! 

WBR
2 Posts
Cover User

Can you please stop each line of a service invoice from being a transaction line. The older versions of AccountRight gave me the freedom to enter individualised instructions and descriptions for our customers. Now I have to make each line a header line. This considerably increases the amount of time spend entering each invoice. For a data entry person this is unacceptable.

BellaGeorgie
6 Posts
Cover User

This has been an ongoing problem since the 2012 upgrade! About time it was fixed. The previous invoice layout was flexible and as a small business person, I found it ideal for our use as did many others by the look of the replies. Give those of us that get frustrated with preparing invoices that takes a lot longer than necessary the ability to do so quickly and efficiently.

Julie31
2 Posts
Cover User

Yep- just upgraded from Ver 19.5 (which worked fine with Windows 10) to ver 2016.   Finding that I have to suffer a column of 0.00's for an itemised invoice in the transaction pane with many lines of work documented, looks dreadful.   The 'work around' of using a blank line or a header line is lacking the ability to put the date in the lines in a date column, having instead to put the date on blank line.
Bring back the ability not to have to put an item and an amount in a transaction line, and to have the date in a date column.

BellaGeorgie
6 Posts
Cover User

February 2017 and this is still an issue! Have just upgraded and the problem still exists. PLEASE do something about it. Instead of pretying things up how about resolving this issue.

aatrev
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Bring back the OLD way forsure. Takes so much longer to do invoicing when you have to insert 'blank line' and 'header'  when not placing a $$ value on a default line.

Julie31
2 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree - its  Feb 22 2017 and its still an issue.   First post made Dec 2012.   4 years and no solution.   Please do something about it.