Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Ability to set default tax inclusive check box preference

1Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

When you create a new quotation or invoice, the Tax Inclusive checkbox is 'remembered' from the previous transaction.  I would like configuration so that all new invoices/quotations have the checkbox ticked or unticked according to the configuration setting.  This means that each business could control the setting according to their business requirements.

In our personal business situation, industry standard for our commercial work is typically GST exclusive whereas our domestic stream of work is typically GST inclusive.  We have had a couple of occasions now where the GST checkbox was 'remembered' from the last quotation (that was GST inclusive) and as a consequence a quotation that should have had 10% added for GST was not added because it was not noticed that the checkbox was on.  This of course can be the difference between making a profit or a loss.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2014

Thanks for the great idea ARrefrigeration, How about if we added a tick box on a supplier or customer card to make a transaction default to tax inclusive or exclusive? This way it will default based on the card. Do you think this would help? We would love to hear what others think about this.

21 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the great idea ARrefrigeration, How about if we added a tick box on a supplier or customer card to make a transaction default to tax inclusive or exclusive? This way it will default based on the card. Do you think this would help? We would love to hear what others think about this.
HamiltonRoofing
5 Posts
User

Absolutely!!!!  I couldn't agree more with ARRefrigeration!  It is such a shame there is not currently a setting in Preferences where we can nominate to have the Button either ticked or unticked, without it remembering what the last transaction was.  Barry_C your suggestion is good, but I would also support an overall Preference option, rather than having to nominate under each Card.

Bathrooms
4 Posts
User

It would be helpful to have a GST inclusive or exclusive tick box in preferences for system wide default.  At the moment it only picks up on the previous entry when creating a new purchase invoice or sales invoice.  Sometimes staff have entered a whole page before relising the top GST box is ticked for that specific entry.  Or am I missing something?

Bathrooms
4 Posts
User

Please!!!

Mrs_Vee
1 Post
Cover User

I NEED this option to happen and SOON! I am getting myself into so much trouble with the gst component NOT be added to invoices and would love to be able to have the default set as "exclusive" permanently. Thanks ARRefrigeration for bringing this up!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mrs_Vee

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your comments with the team

Lee82
2 Posts
Cover User

Strongly in favour of being able to set whether the default invoice generateed for a customer is GST tax inclusive vs tax exclusive. This solves exactly for our use case.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Lee82

Thank you for your comments for this idea, we also strongly suggest you also vote for this idea. I have passed your feedback onto the team. 

cmc
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Yes, I'd like a tick box under 'Preferences'.  My client has just come across this problem after upgrading from Premier to AR 2015 and is not happy at all.  As ARRefrigeration says, it can be the difference between making a profit and a loss.

As I sold the idea of upgrading to them on the basis that bank feeds etc would be a plus, they're not very happy.  Constant vigilance is necessary and it's a big drag when there's lots of invoicing.

Trav9999
Experienced Partner
80 Posts
Experienced Partner

I rarely use the "Tax Inclusive" checkbox. But when I do, it's quite often that I forget to untick it on the next invoice, and I end up having to redo invoices. This embarrasement would be eliviated with a simple setting of

"Default to Tax Exclusive"

"Default to Tax Inclusive"

"Use last invoice setting"

This should be purchase orders too.