Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Add in a tab point for the description field

Experienced Cover User

44Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be great to be able to have tab settings in the description field.

I constantly need to insert a summary table of payments and for set out purposes it would be easy if there were tab settings.  For instance:

Project Value:      $100,000.00

Less deposit:        $  20,000.00

Balance:               $  80,000.00

Any ideas?

"Enable tab points in description field"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Hi @Nereida 

Thanks for your feedback and additional information into your idea for the AccountRight program.

I would encourage other users that you would like to see the ability to enter tab points for the description fields on transactions so that you can correctly align data to vote and comment if required for this idea.

3 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion @Nereida. Text in the description does align left, without tab points, so  a tab of figures would generally not be very neat. However there would generally be better places for a table of figures than the description field.

For instance, to correctly record a deposit, a payment would need to be recorded and applied to the invoice. The invoice can then be setup to show the total before any payments, followed by payments or credits applied, then the balance owing. Would this suit your needs?

Nereida
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your response.

Yes I'm aware of how to record a deposit & payment which I do routinely.

That is not my issue.

I need to be able to record certain data in the description field (not necessarily payments) and having tab stops would be advantageous and enhance the professionalism of the end result.

In my example above you can see that the left align functionality doesn't help.

In this example I am invoicing for a deposit only of $20,000.

I simply want to show what the cost breakdown as extra information.

I do not want to raise an invoice for $100,000 and apply a deposit payment against it as that would mean I would incur GST at that time.

Thanks  Nereida

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Nereida 

Thanks for your feedback and additional information into your idea for the AccountRight program.

I would encourage other users that you would like to see the ability to enter tab points for the description fields on transactions so that you can correctly align data to vote and comment if required for this idea.