When users receipt monies to a order, apply payment to order and then turned the order into an invoice, why is it I can't amend, reverse or delete a payment?
Often clients or even bookkeepers might enter the payment to the incorrect order, we just want to change the date or deposit to a different account number. Typical scenario the user forgot to allocate the payment to undeposited funds and put the payment directly to the bank account. We can't change a thing!
The below example is tested where I have the reverse tick on and off. Either one does not work as options are greyed out.
Below example of how you can't delete or reverse
Example of how you can't amend the date or the account number where funds are deposited to:
Often end users are making simple mistakes and get very annoyed when they can't fix the mistakes easily and often end up making more of a mess trying to fix it. I see this mess all the time with clients using sales orders, applying payment and converting to an invoice.
Then the bookkeeper/consultant comes into play and also gets frustrated because we can't make a small amendment without going through a 5-10 minute process. So 6 transactions will take a minimum of 30 minutes to fix.
It is difficult for a consultant to train some clients in this current lenghtly steps. The clients are not bookkeepers and they get very confused.
Currently in order to amend, reverse or delete the only way this can be fixed is to follow this lenghtly process
In order to clear out the deposit you need to reverse the sale.
- Click on Set up from the toolbar menu, click preferences, click on security tab and put a tick on <Transactions can't be changed they must be reversed>
- Now locate the original sale and click into the sale
- Click on Edit from the toolbar menu and then click reverse
- Click Record Reversal
- Now go into your sales command centre, click on sales register and click on the <Returns and Credits Tab>
- The reversed sale should be displayed. Click on Apply to sale
- Now click Pay Refund for the amount of the payment. (This will reverse the deposit from your bank account)
- Finally now you will need to re-enter the sale in again and apply the correct payment and date. Phew
Please vote for this to be fixed.
"Sales Order Function - ability to reverse/delete or edit a payment when applied"