Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Changing the card listed on a recorded sale/purchase

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

168Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be super helpful if we could change the customer card on an invoice once it's been recorded! I understand why we can't change the name once a payment has been applied to it, but in the meantime it would be great to change the customer card if required. Thanks!

"Changing Customer on an existing invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Hi @AshL 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and changing the customer's card on a record sales or purchase. 

Currently the workaround would be to base a recurring transaction off that transaction and then change the name on that recurring transaction. Support Note: Changing the card on a sale or purchase will be able to assist that.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to change the card on a transaction without the creating a recurring transaction to vote and comment if required.

31 Comments
HCTS
5 Posts
Cover User

It would be very handy if you could transfer a purchase to another supplier.

We have had a few occurrences when a supplier has changed owners etc so we needed a new card for the supplier but we had to re-enter invoices, that had already been entered under the old suppliers card.

You can do it in spend money but not in purchases

Cheers

Olivia

Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Yes, agree this would be a great idea.

We encounter many instances whereby a creditor's invoice is entered into MYOB only to find it should have been entered under a different branch / account or different supplier all together.

I'm really surprised that MYOB does not offer tthis facility already as it should not be difficult to implement I would expect.

Cheers,

Greg

Will_H
MYOB Moderator
2,590 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I'll let the Product Management team respond fully to the change request, but I'd just like to make sure anyone visiting this idea is aware of our current recommended process for changing the card on a purchas:.  

1) Save the transaction as recurring.

2) Delete the original transaction.

3) Use the recurring transaction to record the transaction against a new supplier.  

The full process is described in the support note: Changing a Card on a sale or purchase.

Kind Regards,

Will H.

MYOB Client Support.

simarb
5 Posts
Cover User

I tend to do a lot of work that requires a quote to be sent to a third party. It is only at invoice time that I get the details of the person paying the bill. The solution provided via the community soultions was a bit long winded and open to a mistake being made. An option in the edit menu would be really useful

Rebecca12345
Experienced Cover User
76 Posts
Experienced Cover User

yes i agree with this too!  i have recurring templates for invoices for each type of service we provide and which are not specific to one customer.  However in the recurring tempate we need to select a customer, so i've used our own business as the customer so i don't accidentally send an invocie to the wrong organisation.  However there's been so many times that i forget to change the customer and only realise after recording the invoice - it's such a pain to have to then delete the invoice and re-enter it, instead of just changing the customer.

I would think that most businesses use recurring templates specific to a certain service as opposed to specific customers so the other thing that would be useful is not having to select a customer when creating a recurring tempate for an invoice.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AshL 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and changing the customer's card on a record sales or purchase. 

Currently the workaround would be to base a recurring transaction off that transaction and then change the name on that recurring transaction. Support Note: Changing the card on a sale or purchase will be able to assist that.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to change the card on a transaction without the creating a recurring transaction to vote and comment if required.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rebecca12345 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to changing the card on a transaction.

As mentioned above Support Note: Changing the card of a sale or purchase is the current workaround which I think is what you are describing or very similar to that.

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Changing the customer name on a sales invoice:

A complication is the implication for GST reporting.

Current Australian GST law requires sales invoices over $999 to show the customer's name or their ABN number.

So if you have changed the customer name or their ABN on an unpaid invoice over $999, even if only to correct an error, there could be trouble if the tax office calls in for an audit  - particularly if the change is made in a later quarter,

As things stand now, to change the customer name, you have to:

(1) Save the invoice as a recurrent transaction (with the Frequency set to Never and Transaction Save Changes un-ticked)

(2) Create a credit for the invoice, using the recurrent transaction

(3) Then do an Apply To Sales entry in Returns and Credits in the Sales Register,

to offset the credit against the original invoice

(4) Then create a new invoice, using the recurrent invoice, but changing the customer name to the correct customer

(5) Once all the above has been done, you can delete the recurrent invoice (in Lists / Recurring Transactions List)

Note that for cash sales over $999, there's a way to include the customer's name on the invoice, using the Comments box on the invoice. See my previous comment under the topic "Invoicing an AccountRight sale over $999 when no customer ABN available".

A-L
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

It would be really useful if the supplier on the purchase order entered could be changed if the bill has not been paid. Right now if you make a mistake at choosing the supplier and record the PO, it is then locked. I don't see a reason to lock the supplier field on a just entered PO. I am aware of the "recurring transaction"solution, but it would be much more convenient and smarter to be able to do that from the drop down arrow on the original PO. Exactly the same way you selected the supplier in the first place.  If you're worried about "security" issues then a static internal notes field could be added to the form advising that it has been changed and on what date.

I don't see why go through the hoops to get to something so basic.

Thanks!

A.L.

CDJ
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi we deal with insurance companies & brokers a lot. First we get an email from the Broker to go do a quote and so we make up a quote for them in the system and then if the quote is accepted they want the invoice changed to show the Insurance company's details and you can not make changes to the invoice with the names I have to redo the whole thing with another card, it would be great if we could make these change on the same invoice.

Cheers

Jacqui