Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Changing the card listed on a recorded sale/purchase

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

169Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be super helpful if we could change the customer card on an invoice once it's been recorded! I understand why we can't change the name once a payment has been applied to it, but in the meantime it would be great to change the customer card if required. Thanks!

"Changing Customer on an existing invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Hi @AshL 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and changing the customer's card on a record sales or purchase. 

Currently the workaround would be to base a recurring transaction off that transaction and then change the name on that recurring transaction. Support Note: Changing the card on a sale or purchase will be able to assist that.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to change the card on a transaction without the creating a recurring transaction to vote and comment if required.

31 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Peter,

While you cannot change the Card on a Quote (or an order or invoive) there is an easy solution to the issue.

When the quote in the Broker's name needs to be changed to an insurance company, open the quote and click on the SAVE AS RECURRING button on the lower left of the screen. Change the Frequency to NEVER and save it.

Then open a new invoice and click on USE RECURRING and select the quote that you want.. You will have all the details and you can select the card you want to use.

I Hope that helps you.

Cheers

David

Regina-Mark
5 Posts
Cover User

Certainly would be better than reentering all the info. Which is non productive.

Please make the change MYOB

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello AL

Yes it is frustrating to have to reenter all the info again, but there is an easy way to do this.

Open the order with the incorrect name and click on "Save Recurring".

Open a new enter purchase and click on "Use Recurring". Select the one you just saved and you can change the card. Save it and delete the incorrect one and also i would delete this Recurring.

Cheers

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Just in addition to @David_Cree's suggest about using a recurring transaction, do take a look at Help Article: Changing a transaction. Within the FAQs is the section: "How do I change the card on a recorded sale or purchase?" which does go through the process.

Todd_S
2 Posts
Cover User

This would defniitely be something I would use...and I would recommend the same functionality be applied to sales quotes also.

We do issue orders to a supplier, but they will occasionally issue the invoice from another of their group companies.

We also regularly create a quote (sometimes of a reasonable size) for a potential customer only to have to re-enter it when they come back and want it billed to a different name (presumably for tax reasons).

Until a purchase or sale is converted to a bill or invoice, this should be an available function (albeit one which can be locked down to limit changes).

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Todd_S

Thank you for sharing your experiences in regards to AccountRight and this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

AdelKerb1
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great if you could change creditors in the "Enter Purchases" screen...As we have a few creditors that start with the same name - sometimes they are entered under the incorrect name...It would be great if you could open up that purchase and just change the supplier in this screen rather that having to delete and re-enter the purchase.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AdelKerb1

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight.

I've  merged your idea with this similar one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Also I would recommend taking a look at Help Article: Changing a transaction in particular the FAQ "How do I change the card on a recorded sale or purchase?" which describes the process involved in the current version of the software.

lsdf2005
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It would be great to be able to easily change customers in the event an invoice has been raised to the wrong customer or purchase order to the wrong supplier without the need to delete and start again.

The save as recurring work around takes too much time especially if you need to quickly email an amended invoice while the customer/supplier is on the phone. Really don't understand why we don't have this option already. Please consider implementing this as it would be a big timesaver.

Thanks.

Furneysaccounts
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to be able to change invoices from one customer to another without having to re-enter the invoice or save as recurring, entering and deleting the previous invoice