Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Further enter item description without overtyping

IFM
Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

In both Invoicing and PO's, I have Item numbers that auto populate the description field. Due to my business, the description is Half complete and I enter the remaining description. In the old version of MYOB, if you tab to description, the auto entered info is shaded so if you were to type, it would delete the info already there. If you hit arrow right, the text would no longer be shaded and the cursor would be at the end of the text. In the new version, arrow right takes you to the next field. It is a small inconvenience but you need to double click with the mouse at the end of the text to add additional info to the description which is slow when I do it hundreds of times a day. Can it be an option to have this function back?

"Description field"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for the idea IFM. I can certainly see how being able to select the arrow or a specific key to edit the description rather then using the mouse would be a time saver. As Tony mentioned, you can use the end key however this will only take your cursor to the end of the first line. After this you are free to use the arrow keys. We would love to here what others think about this. If you would like to see an enhancement in the area, please add a vote.

2 Comments
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi David,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Suggest you press the 'End' key instead of the right arrow to move to the end of the description and the 'Home' key to move to the start of it.

Have you considered putting in the full description against each item (255 characters are allowed) as indicated in the attached image?

Kind Regards
Tony Lane - Penguin - TasmaniaItem Details - Full Description.jpg

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea IFM. I can certainly see how being able to select the arrow or a specific key to edit the description rather then using the mouse would be a time saver. As Tony mentioned, you can use the end key however this will only take your cursor to the end of the first line. After this you are free to use the arrow keys. We would love to here what others think about this. If you would like to see an enhancement in the area, please add a vote.