Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Jobs - Adding job numbers onto transactions in bulk

Experienced Cover User

141Posts

87Kudos

0Solutions

141 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

We often have invoices that can be up to 2-10 pages long and have many hundreds of parts on them 

Each invoice is usually one job for our customers and it takes a long time to individually input the job number for every part 

I would imagine that most businesses using a job number system would do a seperate invoice for each job for a customer ( that is what we do) and what is needed is a spot to put the job number for the entire invoice so that it automatically inserts it each time a part is added.

The other option is a fill down function similar to excell where you can highlight the lines you want to insert the job number into and then it asks you for the job number

The best solution would be have both options available but just one would be a big benefit 

The highlight and fill would be good for where people have two or more job numbers on one invoice whereas the auto finput would be more suited to a single job per invoice

Hence both would cover everyone 

Again something to make life easier for the Myob user 

Darryl 

"Making it easy to put a job number on a Large Invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Thank you for the great suggestion @DazzaB Ibelieve a lot of our clients like your selves will benefit from this option a great deal. I encourage all users that would like to see this feature in a future upgrade to comment and vote.

35 Comments
BettaBuyBakers
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It would be great if I could apply a WHOLE purchase to a job number instead of having to add it on every line item purchased, or even if once entered on the firsst line automated through the rest if not overridden (like the date does).

Thanks

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree, maybe an apply to all when you right click on the job column.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the great suggestion @DazzaB Ibelieve a lot of our clients like your selves will benefit from this option a great deal. I encourage all users that would like to see this feature in a future upgrade to comment and vote.

Ktw
4 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree, it would be really helpful to have this option in purchases also 

BettaBuyBakers
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Even if the job number was held (like the date is) unless changed would be fantastic!

I have requested this previously, fingers crossed!!!!!

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The only problem with making it hold information is ( like the date does ) is that not everyone wants it to hold the info. the date should default to what you as the user wants

ie

the current date 

the date of the last invoice recorded

the date last selected when it was manually changed

Or and im sure there are other options too

The best and really only option is to give the user several options ( personal not system wide) as to what the functionality does

BettaBuyBakers
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree,

what i meant was after you entered the first line item in, it holds until it is changed.  Each invoice and purchase would start off blank.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BettaBuyBakers

Thank you for your additional thoughts and feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared it with the team.

OzTara
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Being able to allocate the entire invoice to a job number would be EXTREMELY useful!

I use job numbers A LOT to track invoicing of each job (progress claims etc). I have itemised invoices but I do not want to see all of the items in my job reports as it's too much information to see at once - just the client's purchase order or a memo (to indicate what stage the invoice is for).

A whole invoice given 1 job number in 1 place would be outstanding.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you @OzTara for the clarification and added comments you the provided, This will assist getting the contents together for the development team.