Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Paid Today - Select account

JBK
Partner
Partner

11Posts

71Kudos

0Solutions

11 Posts
Partner
Australia

Purchases when paying from the Purchase screen (PAID TODAY) can we select what account we want to pay from. Instead of it going straight to the linked account.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2018

Thank you for the idea, comments and votes, this is something we do see the benefit of being included in the software. Please continue to vote and comment. 

For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

32 Comments
SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This DEFINATELY needs looking at.  We have about 40 invoices to enter in a day and now 50% would be with Paypal.  In payment methods we have "Eftpos", "Direct Deposit", " Cash" and "Paypal".   In the past most businesses would only have 1 account but with Paypal now that is like having 2 bank accounts that need to be reconciled.  

We we do invoices and mark the amount as "Paid Today"  the accounts are linked to our main Cheque Account.  That is fine for "Eftpos" and "Direct Deposit" but for "Cash" it needs to be able to be linked to "Undeposited Funds" and "Paypal" payment method to our Paypal account.  

Currently we have to go back into the the transaction journal and bring up the payment and manually change it into the correct accounts.

Wouldn't be to difficult to have a "Payment Method" linked to a "Bank Account or Undeposited Funds".   PLEASE can you look at this...would save us lots of time each day and I'm sure there is a growing number of businesses that run more than 1 account now that Paypal is used so much.

Kind Regards

Simon

Guide3008
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This would be most useful.

colleenWatson
Partner
38 Posts
Partner

When entering a purchase (That has already been paid), It would be great if we could select which bank this purchase is paid by in the paid to day, and not the default bank,  some purchase are paid by credit card or other means.  This would save a lot of time of recording the purchase and then going into the Pay Bills  Comand and allocating a payment where you select the account that it is paid from.  EG.  Bank, Credit Card, BPay, etc.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea, comments and votes, this is something we do see the benefit of being included in the software. Please continue to vote and comment. 

For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

TJAccounts
3 Posts
User

Hi 

I am often entering purchases that have been paid on the same date as the invoice.  Sometimes I pay from the bank account which is easy as I just put the amount in the 'paid' box as this is our default payment option.  I also often use a credit card to make payments which means I have to enter the purchase then click ok which makes the purchase disappear.  I then have to go into the purchase register to retrieve the purchase, click on the payments button & choose the credit card as the payment option to complete that screen.

This is extremely time consuming!

Would it be possible to have multiple options for payment on the 'add new purchase' screen?  It would save me hours of work Smiley Happy

Thanks 

Bil
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When entering a new invoice in AR 2019, when you select amount PAID TODAY, it only allows two options: "Undeposited Funds" and only one other default account. In classic MYOB, you could choose ANY account from a drop down menu. This should be the case in AccountRight too. Should be able to select ANY valid bank account to accept Paid Today when entering a new invoice. Otherwise you have to send it to Undeposited Funds, then go back in and change the payment to the desired account. This is dumb and triple the work.

Please fix this EASY, simple obvious glitch.

Thank you,

Bil

Acu-ease
Trusted User
49 Posts
Trusted User

Please add an option to set the Paid Today field on purchases to come from a bank account, not a cheque. It's really annoying having to bring up the Pay Bills window every time to park a purchase as paid.

Thanks.

Sioux64
1 Post
User

Additionally I would like to be able to select the date it was paid - along with the account it is paid from.

colleenWatson
Partner
38 Posts
Partner

I have been asking for this for years, it would make life so much easier when entering purchases that have already been paid, no matter which bank/credit card account it has been paid from or the date.  I think a lot of people would benefit from this change, even if they have not even thought about it.

LewisC
5 Posts
User

PLEASE include this in the next update.

It is so imperative to saving time and opening and closing windows.

It has been on the Mac version for a long time and it is SO frustrating without it.