Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Paid Today - Select account

JBK
Partner
Partner

11Posts

71Kudos

0Solutions

11 Posts
Partner
Australia

Purchases when paying from the Purchase screen (PAID TODAY) can we select what account we want to pay from. Instead of it going straight to the linked account.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2018

Thank you for the idea, comments and votes, this is something we do see the benefit of being included in the software. Please continue to vote and comment. 

For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

32 Comments
suebell
Trusted Cover User
145 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Hi, when entering a new purchase it would be handy to be able to select the payment type in the Paid Today box. There is currently only the default account but it would save heaps of time if I could select another account type here in stead of having to do a separate bill payment.
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Sue,

If you click on the details button along side the paid todat then you can change the payment type.

Cheers

David 

suebell
Trusted Cover User
145 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Using Accountright Plus - clicking on the arrow only gives me a number pad and no other buttons here .  It automatically takes the payment from my cheque account but I would like the ability to select other accounts here eg petty cash, credit card.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Sue

Alongside the Payment Method is the Details button.

This gives the option to select the Undeposited funds account instead of the default cheque account.

When you select this and record the payment it can then be seen when you go to the Banking Tab and select prepare Bank Deposit.

Drill into the payment and change the bank at the top to the Petty Cash or other bank account.

If you have a number of credit card or eftpos payments on the same day select them and then prepare a bank deposit to the bank account where these end up.

Cheers

David

suebell
Trusted Cover User
145 Posts
Trusted Cover User

HI David,

not sure we are on the same page?  When I enter a purchase, there is an option to enter a payment in the Paid Today box.  There is no details button (there is on the Sales invoice page but not on purchases).  I know I can change the default payment account but I use a variety of payment methods.  It would be easier to enter my payments here rather than having to complete the purchase entry then do a separate bill payment.

Susan

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Susan,

I am sorry - I thought that you were referring to SALES & not PURCHASES. Hence my comments.

No there is no similar option.

Cheers

David

suebell
Trusted Cover User
145 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I have suggested this before and got a reply suggesting that it could already be done.  I think it iimpossible in sales but would be a huge time saver if available in purchases.  Would save heaps of time!

Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feedback, I'd be interested to know more about the scenario - how many different accounts do you pay from? Could the bank feed function help in this scenario by allowing you to record the payment quickly?
Colleen
Valued Partner
324 Posts
Valued Partner

Entering purchases and payments at the same time is a common scenario for bookkeepers who run creditor systems and make entries after the fact.  In businesses where there are divisional accounts, there are often different bank accounts for each division.  I'm not talking huge businesses here, they will probably have real time invoice entry.  

The main reason for the purchase invoice to be entered is to track stock, or to track purchase history from a supplier.  AccountRight has no card history when entering via the bank - the purchases history is all based around creditors (I might bring that up in another post).  

Back to your comment Dan, do you think the bank feed is smart enough to recognise each paid invoice and allocate the payment quickly?  I like to enter the payments as I go so that I know what's outstanding at any given time but others might use the bank feed first.    

AbbottEngines
1 Post
Cover User

I would love it if when you are inputting invoices that it give you the option of what account you are paying the invoice from. At the moment you have to record the invoice and then go to payment to choose what account you want to pay the invoice with say with a credit card.

It has the paid today choice but not the account which you pay with it automatically goes to cheque account. If it was set up like the form in sales where you have payment method this would be a great time saver.

Thank you