Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Recode transactions in bulk with different tax code

Partner

13Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Partner

An option to recode GST allocation, Account Allocation and Client/Supplier Card would be very helpful - for users with Administrator/Accountant access only.

A competitor's program has a very simple process to re-code items which have been incorrectly recorded.

It is very easy to correct data entry mistakes and saves a lot of time by accounting staff making corrections.  (Eg: A client recently had 5 months worth of entries entered as a non-GST registered business and was then advised to backdate the GST registration. If we had a recode option like other programs, this would have taken less than a minute.  As each entry had to be corrected it took 2 days work - an unnecessary expense to the client had they been using a different program.)

"Bulk amendments and re-coding"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight Browser offers a Find and replace function. This allows the user to replace the account or tax code on a transaction that has been recorded. Check out Help Article: Finding transactions for more information on this feature.

16 Comments
Mark_C11
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This function would save a lot of time and headaches.  It should be an essential tool

Jo_Schon
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Is this feature available yet?? I have a client who has mis coded a number of transactions.

doogs20
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Bulk item edit is a given.

Michael1001
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I  have found bulk coding during reconciliation and recoding and bulk amendments are very important features MYOB should consider when upgrading accountright &Essential  

Miket
Contributing Partner
15 Posts
Contributing Partner

Really need this to stay competitive with Xero etc

Nat
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has this feature been added yet? would be so handy.

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I think this is  a fabulous idea as I have to do this every first quarter after out tax codes have been set because of a DIV 129 calc.

JoeBloggs
Contributing Partner
7 Posts
Contributing Partner

This suggestion was made in 2016 and there still doesn't appear to be a 'Find and Recode" option within Accountright.  Come on guys get with the program or you will lose customers to other software suppliers!

Tink11
1 Post
User

Yes! We have 12 months of transactions to recode. I can't believe myob doesn't have this option!

XAT0
1 Post
User

Am I correct that this post is from 2016 and this feature is still not available in MYOB?