Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Sort/change the order of transactional lines

Cover User

3Posts

44Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User

I would like to be able to sort the items in an invoice (or purchase order) according to item code (or any other field for that matter). This necessary when there are many items in one invoice (or purchase order).

"Item Sorting"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

Thank you for your suggestion to have more sorting options inside of your Invoices, we can look into the options for adding this in a future update. Its great to see some votes already from those who would like to see this added in, please remember to add your votes if you'd also like to see this added.

42 Comments
coffeepapercups
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I see this was raised in 2013 and we are in 2021 and still this feature is not available we have sometimes over 30 or 40 line items so this would be very handy to sort all columns when creatin an invoice especially item and description.  Please if this has been introduced since do let me know

Global
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, nothing has been done to 'sort' out this problem since I raised this back in 2013.

They have put the feature on Items List for inventory where it can be sorted by ascending or descending order either by Item Number, On Hand, Name, last Cost Incl. , Last Cost, Sell Price or Sell Price Inc. 

Why can't this feature be put on quotes, orders, invoices or purchase orders or bills?

coffeepapercups
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Global yes I agree it would be very useful and I cant imagine this would be a difficult fix in such an application it really is a basic sort function on a GUI.

Steelcity
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Add an option in customised forms, to be able to sort a table A-Z, or Z-A based on a column. E.g Sort by description, sort by item number, sort by quanity, etc. 

We should have the ability to be able to change the order on the way the table is presented on forms. Right now its being sorted in the order it was entered into MYOB.

This would be particularly useful for packing slips, in a warehouse. So we can use is to create a picking path, by the way the items are situated in our warehouse.

Thanks for your help.

Tannie7484
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

Does anyone know if this has been added? Its been a few years since it was suggested. We would also love to print out packing slips with items in alphabetically order. When the customers orders, they write down any codes (not in order) and thens it up to us to try and manually enter it in MYOB in alphabetical order. Would love to see MYOB do this for us. Thanks. 

SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

No its still the same and still frustrating !  A lot of our suppliers request it and we manually have to move each item when ordering from "The to do list".

Wish MYOB listed to us users more....we actually do have good ideas Smiley Surprised)

Simon

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi All

Isnt it just a bit sad that we have to create "workarounds" to cover for the poor functionality of so many parts of MYOB

And that MYOB and THE TEAM  dont seem to actually care about improving and changing anything that would make it work so much better

They are very happy to take our money and when you do the maths its a goodly amount of money

Lets say there are 10,000 of us out there that use Myob in various forms ( and im sure there are several if not 10's times more)

And we pay around $120 per month for our subscription

Thus 10000  X $120 equals $1,200,000 per month for a poor excuse of a program that requires a lot of "workarounds" to use

I feel that they are not fulfilling their side of the bargain

and if there are 100,000 of us suckers the its $12,000,000 per month

Im pretty sure that even at $1,200,000 per month they could employ enough programmers to give us heaps of upgrades each month and make it work like it should

Sad,mad and disgruntled 

Darryl

Global
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi DazzaB,

I totally agree. I first raised this with some other things nearly 10 years ago and nothing has been done. I even mentioned it when I had a Zoom meeting with MYOB regarding some other things a few years ago and they said they would rasie it with the developers. Nothing done.

This feature would be great when there is a large inventory conecerned. I run a book business and have over 6000 items in my inventory.

JanetteK
Contributing Partner
13 Posts
Contributing Partner

I too have been asking this for a long time

We have 2700 active inventory lines with the items stored in the warehouse in Item Number Order.

It would be great to be able to sort the picking slip/invoice so that it matches and save staff time walking all over the warehouse.

Tannie7484
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

Same Janette! We have mulitple items in the warehouse and having the packing slip in alphabetic order would help them heaps instead of walking all over the warehouse. I try to put orders in alphabetic order for them to help them, but its pretty hectic when stores have large orders and I just can't keep it up.