Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Use today's date not last entered date

Contributing Cover User

8Posts

81Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Please add an option to select in Sales preferences, so when creating an invoice it defaults to today's date, not the last entered date.

"Default Date Setting/Preference"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Great suggestion. If anyone else would like to see option, please vote for this idea. If you would like to see this applied to other areas too (purchases, spend money or receive money for instance) then please leave a comment below.

33 Comments
Rebecca23
Trusted Cover User
29 Posts
Trusted Cover User

This is a necessity and I hope it gets fixed soon.  Even if we can have an option in preferences to switch it between always default to today's date.

Velty
1 Post
Cover User

As well as Invoices, I would like to see it happen for Payments.

Westsec
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Date should always be the actual date

Clint
Experienced Partner
37 Posts
Experienced Partner

I completely agree that when orders are converted to invoices it should default to the current date (even if this is a preference setting) as we have had massive timing issues in relation to GST and income tax with clients.

narvic065
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree entirely, many a mistake has been made by all of us, due to the last date being used, not necessarily today's date, would love to get this resolved.  All of the different areas where dates are important it needs to be fixed!

GTC_3061
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Could you please look at having today's date be the default date when opening ANY Transaction Entry window?  It is so frustrating to have to make sure you check this each time.

I have used a lot of accounting software programs and never had to deal with such an obvious flaw before.

I'm sure I've sent a similar email last year.  Surely it's an easy fix!!!

Thanks,

GTC_3061

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

YES!

THIS!!!

Big vote for this

KLC72
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi, we have been frustrated several times after having altered a previous invoice, the next new invoice we do keeps the old date which can throw out a whole day if no one notices it. It would be great if a pop up box came up and said "Are you sure you want to use an earlier date?" Thanks, KC

Westsec
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Since 2013 this has been under consideration, good work Myob

tony_mitchell
Contributing Partner
12 Posts
Contributing Partner

yes please, my client says "this drives me crazy".