Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales Register: Add Job number column

5Posts

94Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
Australia

We have many invoices to the same client but for different jobs. It would be nice to have the job numbers in a column on the Sales and Purchases registers for fast cross-referencing, rather than having to open each invoice in the sales register (or purchases register) to find the one we want.

"Sales and Purchases Registers - Job Numbers"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2018

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

32 Comments
DAPHNE
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have a default Header for our Sales Register and want to add a new column next to Customer PO. I expect I have to add it to the sales invoice  - but don't know how to do it.  Basically I want to be able to see the Street address on the column.

Andy1982
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

As a jobbing shop I would like to see more put into the Jobs card  category, it could be more like the sales and purchase windows. Being able to filter to a single job or customer, to track purchase’s for a single job.

In that window have the job number customer name and description of the job without having to click into each window to find the details, if then the job number was tagged onto the invoice register in its own column next to the invoice number it could make tracking invoices from a year ago a lot lot easier. I could filter to a customer, a date range scroll through the descriptions without having to click into each one, get the job number then I could easily go and find the invoice.

As a jobbing shop nearly every job is different but we do get people from a year ago come in and want the same job again, finding that old invoice would be sweet, you could also attached that job number when saving drawings so then you could easily track the whole job from cost to the drawing.

what does everyone think am I dreaming 

financewwc
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I suppose MYOB need to add Job Number to Sales/Purchase Register Reports.

That will save the considerable time of the users.

Regards,

W Finance

FrenchlineInd
14 Posts
Cover User

Im unsure why MYOB cant have ribbons at the top of the sales and purchases tab so you can choose what fields you want similar to outlook.

A Job No column would be ideal for even invoicing as you know what job the particular invoice relates too. At the moment if you have several jobs for the same customer you have to open them all up to see which oine is the job in question.

Would be a great inclusion on the next update Smiley Happy

Sonja76
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi 

Does anyone know if MYOB has added this job no column to the Sales register yet,, i am so frustrated going through an entire year just to look for one job.

Thanks

Quicksew
1 Post
User

I second this idea. Thanks

Aileen111
3 Posts
Cover User

We need this for our business as well

CMK22
2 Posts
User

YES!! With us, we have up to 50 jobs at once and this would save so much time. If there comes a time where we can change the view, please let me know!!

FrenchlineInd
14 Posts
Cover User

Will MYOB ever implement this idea? Im at the point where im looking at another software that accomodates this as its been a few years since this has been mentioned and nothing has been done.

How long does it take MYOB to come to a decision wether they will do ideas users put forward?

FrenchlineInd
14 Posts
Cover User

When is MYOB going to listen to this idea? I am thinking of changing software due to this as its a real pain when you cant filter based on job nos