Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Send to Disk (PDF) select form

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Would it be possible to make a form selection available when sending an invoice to disk as is possible in printing or emailing invoices

"Select customised forms when sending an invoice to disk"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2021

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2021.4, users will be able to select the desired form when using the Send to Disk feature on invoices and purchases.

63 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the idea. We can certainly see the benefit in being able to select a preferred form when using the 'Send to Disk' option. We request others to vote and comment on this Idea, if they would like this included in the program. In the meantime you could use the Print option to print to a PDF writer, to be able to create a PDF copy of your Invoice using your preferred form.
kelly2cats
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Since upgrading to AccountRight Plus this issue of not being able to select the form when saving to disk has been a real sticking point that frustrate me endlessly and causes great inconvenience and wasted time.  Printing to PDF produces very poor quality results, which is not acceptable when I am a graphic designer promising high quality output to my clients.  Additionally, printing to PDF appears to be a little buggy, with issues when printing vertical lines which instead come out looking like dashed lines. I use Adobe Professional so this is not an issue that should occur with well developed software. 

I have recently resigned myself to modifying the layout of my invoices so that I use only the default form instead of being able to choose from two more customised invoices. It would be great to see the Save to Disk feature developed more completely.

Eastside
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agree, I would also love to be able select from my personlaised forms either a quote or invoice when saving to a disc. I currently have to change via the customer card back to my quote form, go back to thw quote, save to disc, then go back to the card & change back to invoice form.

keiichi2
1 Post
Cover User

Also need the save to disc feature changed. Otherwise myob is completely useless for my businesses.

Dave33
2 Posts
Cover User

its so frustrating have to go out and change the default form all the time i save each invoice to pdf nearly 3 times before i get it right. this would be so much easier and less time consuming to be able to just select the form on the fly =\

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree - it would be a great time saver to be able to select which invoice you want when saving to disk.

Please implement this as quickly as possible.

mechandmarine
1 Post
Cover User

Yes please implement this upgrade.  I am loving the new AccountRight compared to a dinosaur version of MYOB but I would have thought the ability to be able to select a customised form as a primary preference would have been a given for printing, print preview and exporting to PDF.

***After submitting this I found through the forum that you can set your form preference via the Sales Command Centre and selecting Print or Email Invoices and click on the Advanced Filters tab, follow your nose and you can work the rest out Smiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @mechandmarine 

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the new AccountRight Live range and its great to see you have showed your support for the idea by voting.

As you have worked out you can set the default form for saving to disk via the relevant advance filters window and selecting the required form in the selected form for sale box at the bottom of the window.

Ben-Gosper
2 Posts
Cover User

I also vote for this feature. 

I either need to be able to choose which form I want when saving to disk, or I would prefer having fields on the invoice form that are either "appear on quote only" or "appear on invoices only". Or alternatively to be able to customise quotes and invoice forms individually.

I do not ever do quotes, always estimates, so I do not want the word "quote" to appear anywhere on an estimate I send out. I also don't want bank details on estimates, instead I prefer a "thankyou for considering us for your project....." The PO number field on the estimate is also unnecessary. 

I tried using two different PDF creators, and increased the resolution in the settings but they still did not achieve what I consider to be of an acceptable quality. Our clients don't care how we reconcile our accounts or process payroll, but they do judge us on the presentation of our quotes / estimates / invoices - and I judge companies I contract on the presentation of theirs.

From what I have read there are plenty of users applying time consuming work-arounds to be able to do somehting that should be simple. Improving the efficiency and presentation of user forms should definitely be a priority.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ben-Gosper

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and the ability to select a customise form when sending an invoice to disk.  

I see from the votes that you haven't directly voted for the idea. if you would like to show your support for the idea do select vote button next to the vote's name. This way we can directly know how many clients are requesting a particular idea and investigate the possible options/workarounds to get that feature added to the program.