Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Send to Disk (PDF) select form

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Would it be possible to make a form selection available when sending an invoice to disk as is possible in printing or emailing invoices

"Select customised forms when sending an invoice to disk"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2021

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2021.4, users will be able to select the desired form when using the Send to Disk feature on invoices and purchases.

63 Comments
dlarosa
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

There absolutely needs to be a feature for send to disk to be able to choose a form, the same as there is available for send to email.

Printing to a PDF printer is not a suitable option as the quality is rubbish.

Additionally there should be;

1. The ability to select different form options based on the status of the sale. Eg. quote, order, invoice; and/or
  2. Default form selections for send to disk and send to email, not just the common print default
NationalTS
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I see this has been in the queue since 2013. Really! Is it that hard to implement such a basic function?

MercurySd
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Why is it MYOB team cannot fix this issue now after 7 years?

Considering the tousands of dollars you charge us every year, this is a basic function. for all software.

We all know printing to PDF is horrible. Save to disk has limitations.

With MYOB being the worst and just letting everyone down.

Turtlewitnohome
Experienced Cover User
185 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is definantly needed, a must have addition.

PDF writers as mentioned by @Suja_P  are next to useless and output a poor product.  To over come this the only way we have found is to email the socument to yourself.  This either logs up your own email server or MYOB's which already a poorly performing service, complely unreliable and slow.

John

GaryStella
6 Posts
Cover User

Yes please, not having this function just cost me 5K as the incorrect form was sent to a customer paying in Euros and the bank clipped 5K in fees, simply because when the invoice was saved to disk the standard AUD form was saved instead of the Euro invoice form with the euro account details, so customer paid euro to an AUD account, which we had to tranfer back, they screwed me for 3k euro on the way through, or 5K aussie.

PLEASE ADD THIS FUNCTION IMMEDIATLY 

Turtlewitnohome
Experienced Cover User
185 Posts
Experienced Cover User

People have been asking for this for 7 years, what a farce MYOB

stevepopps
2 Posts
User

Totally agree with Helen - we have just commenced using 2020.2 (from 19.9 using a LAN).  This is such an inconvenience.  We really need the ability to choose the form we want sent to the file.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

I've spent another day changing the default layout for customers, saving files, then changing the default back to the most regularly used template. I'm a bit over it. Again. Can we PLEASE have this? I would even remove my vote and all my impatient comments on the "email receipts" idea (also planned since 2013) if it means you will do this! What do we actually need to do to make this happen? Do your decision-makers take bribes?

#justkidding
#mostly 

#frustrationlevelreachingtippingpoint

#again

Turtlewitnohome
Experienced Cover User
185 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What a farce, 7 years and waiting..........

In the meantime we will continue to waste time and clog up the email server

John

Caroline_V
Experienced User
50 Posts
Experienced User

Agreed. 

I use Send to Disk to print to PDF as opposed to using "Print" to print to PDF as the size of the files are much smaller but still good enough quality in my opinion (PDF Architect).  I use this all the time and am constantly going back and forth changing the "Printed Form" to print a Quote, then Order, then Invoice, then Packing Slip, for example.  What makes it even more frustrating to me is that once you have changed the "Printed Form", you have to then close the open Order (or whatever) in order for MYOB to recognise that the "Printed Form" you have just chosen for the customer/supplier is what you actually want to "Send to Disk". Then re-open the Order (or whatever) and select "Send to Disk" otherwise you end up with the previous "Printed Form" selection.  Argh.

This would make a huge difference to us to have this sorted.