Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Send to Disk (PDF) select form

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Would it be possible to make a form selection available when sending an invoice to disk as is possible in printing or emailing invoices

"Select customised forms when sending an invoice to disk"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2021

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2021.4, users will be able to select the desired form when using the Send to Disk feature on invoices and purchases.

63 Comments
AnthonyAlt
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Print to PDF in  Account right creates a very poor image quality PDF  as if it flattens image to a low resolution JPeg for any headers  logos etc..

Also does not print  table borders  as they would appear on a printed invoice template.  this does not happen when creating pdf t in the email option???

NationalTS
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When emailing sales or purchases - "Send to... Email" - there is an option to select the form that you wish to use however this option is not available when your select "Send to... disk".  Is this something that I need to set up or is it simply not an option? I have lots of different forms that I use so setting up a generic default form isn't really going to work for me. It's quite frustrating and would love this solved.

JannineS
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes, this would be a great idea.  I spend a lot of time trying to go between different forms - mainly to change the terms.  MYOB's sugggestion to Print to PDF does not work for me because doing it this way results in a very low resolution, unprofessional looking invoice - another issue I am having with MYOB. Have tried printing to various PDF writers but the result is always a very low resolution form.

Nick4
2 Posts
User

Why do we have no choice to select a different invoice form when choosing to save rather than email or print an invoice.  Often we need to use a Pro-forma invoice or Commercial Invoice rather than a standard tax invoice.  At present the only way to create these is to email them to ourselves which is time consuming cumbersome!

son1a
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes! this bothers me too!!

MercurySd
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We all know how terrible print to PDF qulaity is especailly since WIN 10.
Surely after this much time MYOB can listen to its subscribers and add the select form function that is available to email for send to disk.
This should not be a hard add and need years of customers voting....

Come on MYOB make your users experience more user friendly....

NationalTS
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yep, waiting, waiting, waiting for such a basic option. Smiley Frustrated

ilsebaker
5 Posts
Cover User

Is this option available yet? 

JK-3777
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

Please implement this. Or fix printing to pdf.

Currently when I send to disk, the output is perfect quality (but not the form I need; and we use many custom forms so I can't keep going and changing the default form all the time)... Currently when I print to pdf the quality is severly bad; and I've tried about 5 different pdf printers.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Adding my vote and comment. Not that I expect it to help. Last update 2013... same as emailing receipts which has at least been "Planned" since 2013. I wonder which one will come first. A work around I use sometimes is to email the invoice to myself and then forward it on, but this takes extra time and I'm not sure if the client can see that I've done that when they view it online.