Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Show Profit Margin on invoices

Experienced Cover User

17Posts

32Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

We are required to show our profit margin on our invoices (we are a builder).

We would love the ability to be able to show our profit margin % and $ figure on our invoices.

We dont use MYOB for invoicing at the moment (its all manual via word document or excel spreadsheet) because the invoicing does not suit a building company that needs to show the profit margin.

Not sure if other builders need this also, but it would be fantastic to have more flexbility with invoices for these senarios.

"Profit Margin on invoices for Builders"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2014

Thanks for the idea @DMG-Dural, I can understand that you are needing the option for the profit margin to show on invoices. We would love to hear what others think about this. If you would like to see this functionality, please add a vote or further comments.

8 Comments
EdHutton
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Hi I see you have asked similar questions, may be worthwhile to have a look at an add on program called BuildLogic, is does invoicing and progress claims suited exactly to the building industry...hope that helps... cheers Ed

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea @DMG-Dural, I can understand that you are needing the option for the profit margin to show on invoices. We would love to hear what others think about this. If you would like to see this functionality, please add a vote or further comments.
Dann
3 Posts
Cover User

There is currently no way to see margin (GP%) on inventory items when I look at them under inventory, or enter them into a sales order. The only way to view margins is by running a report.

I think having the ability to see the GP% on every line of every sales order as the items and prices are keyed in, along with the margins next to the set price bands in inventory items would be a great help.

Every accounting package that I have ever used has done these, and MYOB should really be no different.

It would be an extreme help to me and my staff when putting pricing together to see where they are sitting easily when on the phone to a customer, rather than having to use a margin calculator.

Any feedback and development would be much appreciated.

Dan

Wendy2627
5 Posts
Cover User

We are in the same situation, at the moment I enter the Builders margin in manually after the subtotal as an item, but that does make more room for error.  Would love this functionality.

annasmith
2 Posts
Cover User

We are also in the same situation. Just figured out that we can do what Wendy said above - by adding a subtotal and then margin after that as an "item". It does however leave room for error.

A solution we thought of was adding the margin in at the bottom after the net total, where freight is for Item invoices. A common % rate could be selected to be used in the Time Billing invoices which automatically adds as you enter the invoice.

This would make our lives so much easier!!!

DMG-DURAL
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Any updates on this - says under consideration. Would love to be able to invoice in MYOB if we could.

SimonKneale
3 Posts
Cover User

Yes please, we desperately need this. We are in the same boat at the moment. We need to show our profit margin on quotes that we submit. It would be absolutely fantastic if this could be incorporated as an option somewhere.

PMWB
1 Post
User

Hi. Any update on this. We are also a builder and I would like to streamline invoicing into MYOB but need to be able to display profit margin (builder's margin) against materials purchased in invoices we issue to clients. Currently using excel as cant find option in MYOB. Many thanks, any advice appreciated.