Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Sorting of Receive Payments and Print/Email window

Experienced Cover User

68Posts

129Kudos

0Solutions

68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Sorting seems to be a major issue within MYOB

When you go to pay invoices they are not in date order (yes I have my setting on PAY OLDEST INVOICE FIRST) - does not make any difference

When you go to print cheques they are not always in numerical order - and even if you sort them so they appear in order - they don't print that way so what is the point

When you go to print / email invoices they are not in alphabetical order

And Most annoying when you process payroll the staff are not in alphabetical order!

Yes Yes at least MYOB has now given you the option to sort the staff in the payroll verification report when you do that  guess what?   the Payroll Categories go out of order - which makes checking your data against your input IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

And why should sorting alphabetically be an OPTION (ie an extra step)  IT SHOULD BE A GIVEN!

'GET IT SORTED"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2017

Hi Everyone

By default AccountRight 2017 allows for the Receive Payments window to be sorted by Date order. If you do require a different order you can select the required column header to sort by that column. This is the same for the Process payroll window, which by default sort the employees by (last) name.

AccountRight 2016.1 addressed the printing of invoices (and statements) so they now print in the order they appear in the Print/Email window.

5 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I have voted for this idea - it seems more like a necessity than an idea.

PS I myself have not used AR live very much (given such feedback as on this site) I am waiting a little bit longer for some of these simple things (that you would otherwise take for granted) to be fixed/addressed.

I am looking forward to MYOB taking a proactive approach on such matters.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Ad nauseum again ...same questions, same problems the newbies have but is anyone actually listening?  Please - this is a problem.  I won't upgrade until I know some of these little things are fixed because they are BIG things for data entry people. 

Anita2340
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to add my frustration to the idea created by Barkel, my payroll verficiation report no longer being in any sort of order for longer than one pay run, is driving me CRAZY!

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your feedback Barkel. Updating the default ordering of columns to improve your personal workflow is something we're always happy to consider. Using Date as the default made sense as its what is most commonly used but more flexibility is an option. It would be great to get some feedback on exactly what users would like to see their sorting defaults to be.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

By default AccountRight 2017 allows for the Receive Payments window to be sorted by Date order. If you do require a different order you can select the required column header to sort by that column. This is the same for the Process payroll window, which by default sort the employees by (last) name.

AccountRight 2016.1 addressed the printing of invoices (and statements) so they now print in the order they appear in the Print/Email window.