Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Stop zero quantity and amount items printing on invoice.

Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing User
Dear Team,

We are using MYOB Version Account Right Plus V 19.5

I am trying to customise a sales invoice which will populate with all our regular sales items.
So that when I go to create a new invoice the sales items will appear - I will then add the quantities for the items I need on the individual invoice.

So when I press record to save the invoice - I want to supress the items I have not used so when I print the invoice - Only the items with quantities of 1 or greater will appear on the invoice.

Can you please advise to how I can g about developing this customised invoice.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David Hamel
Accountant - Sprig and Fern Brewery
Ph 021-0555 615   

"Invoice Customised Sales Invoicing"
Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: October 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

4 Comments
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner

HI David

To my knowledge not possible certainly in V19. You can set up a template invoice with all your sales items showing - you can save the template and set it so it doesn't update everytime you record the invoice but if an item isn't sold and the amount sold is zero - total on this invoice for this item will be zero but it will still print out on the invoice - you would have to delete those not sold - but there is no way of suppressing printing of zero items.

The Doc 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi David, Thank you for your post. As mentioned by @The_Doc there is currently no option for the system to not print items on an invoice, even if it has zero items. In the meantime we would recommend using Recurring Transactions to create Invoice with a list of all items that you generally tend to sell. At the time of invoicing your customers you can recall these saved recurring transactions and modify them depending on the situation. You would need to delete Items that are not being invoiced, from the Invoice, so that these are not printed. You could also create multiples of recurring invoices with different combinations of items being sold on each. We request other forum users who would like the system to not print any items on the invoice with zero quantity, to please Vote and add any relevant comments to this idea.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

JOLT
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

Is this when you are using a recurring invoice? I'd like to be able to print recurring invoices (we use them as templates to save customers pricing and save time keying orders) that only show the items they have ordered i.e. that have a quantity applied to them, whenter it be a negative (credit), decimal or 1 or greater.