Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Time Billing - Work in Progress

Experienced Cover User

28Posts

57Kudos

0Solutions

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I need to be able add further hours to Time biiling invoices which are already saved.

The Work In Progress(WIP) button needs to be available in 2012 as it was in Version 19!

Or supply a solution to this if one is available in the current version, as I can't see a way.

Please work on getting this functionality back, as it is a necessity!

Thanks!

"Please put the WIP Button back on Time Billing invoices."

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that as of AccountRight 2017.2 the WIP (Work in progress) button is now included in the Enter Sales window using a Time Billing layout.

To find out more information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 please see AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

74 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ilovemondays

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Currently this idea has been marked as under consideration. At this stage we are not able to provide a time frame or build number when this particular idea will be marked for development and implemented into the program. With that being said we do encourage clients that would like to see this idea added to the AccountRight 201x range to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Once again thank you for your feedback it has been shared with the team.

RebekahIWS
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

How about re-installing this button? I used it all the time and am now having to do twice as much work to clear time billing hours that have been billed.

Thanks

RebekahIWS
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

I agree - we must get this WIP button back! Why was it taken away in the first place?

Never mind Buck - BRING BACK WIP BUTTON!

Julie_Stap
Contributing Partner
17 Posts
Contributing Partner

We have been asking for a WIP button for four years now!! "Under consideration" - really!!! How about "Implementing"!! That would be a good start!!

MYOB you are losing clients!!

Give us what we need before it is too late!!

Neat_Saw
2 Posts
User

Please give us back the WIP button I dont know why it was deleted when you created the online version. Also time billing invoicing is so much more time consuming thank it used to be, if you want to show work completed but want a single price without all of the zero's you have to create blank lines and copy and paste all of the work completed. Why cant you have a transaction line with nothing in the amount, you had it in Accountright 19 another backward step!!

SharonT
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Could I please have some feedback on this?  This issue has been under consideration for over two years (a function that previously existed).  Has it been added to the new AccountRight.  I really want to upgrade, and from what I can currently figure am paying more to stay on an older version - without a bunch of added benefits, like bank feeds and online invoice payment options.

PLEASE HELP.  If WIP is not going to be added back to time billing invoices, can someone PLEASE provide a solution to get the same efficient results without it in the new Accountright.

Ilovemondays
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

MYOB has STILL done nothing about bringing back this WIP button.

We desperately need it! It so f&%^* frustrating.

We're trying to get most of our clients to pay us by monthly retainer invoices, or by a quote which is converted into an invoice, after our time is entered. When we create the Sale invoice for the customer we enter our description at the top, and we need that WIP button back so we can 'import' all the time based charges, then do our write up or write down. 

It would be so much easier if we could just import the WIP with that button in the original invoice. We're having to delete quote invoices and create new sales with the same invoice number from the time billing list, a list of client balances which is now so bloody long and out of control because WIP isn't getting imported when my staff create sales. You can't even search the list, it's hopeless. So noone bothers. 

I'm losing money. This sucks, MYOB. Why can't your developers restore this function? 

We can't keep working this way in our busy accounting practice. MYOB has been a major let down for this most important function - getting paid for our time.

Can anyone suggest other software that's better for invoicing for time billing, in accounting practices?

We tried Xero Workflow Max last year but came back to MYOB,hoping they'd fix this WIP button soon. but they haven't. 

Ilovemondays
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

People have been begging MYOB for 4 years in this thread to restore the WIP (Work in progress) button in sales invoices. It is still "under consideration". This is an essential function to import time-based charges form staff when creating an invoice for a client. Before AccountRight, Premier had this function. The function should have been restored years ago. 

See here:

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Please-put-the-WIP-Button-back-on-Time-Billi...

Our accounting practice can't wait any longer for MYOB to fix this and have to find other software to make sure our timebilling gets invoiced, because the current timebilling balance list is so long, out of control and can't be searched that it's a hassle to create invoices from. As accountants, we lose money when we don't bill for our time. We need this function back to make it easier (or possible) to pick up and reconcile time billing with the monthly retainers and quote invoices our clients pay us for.

If anyone can suggest other software, or get a developer at MYOB to fix this before we go, we'd appreciate it.

Ilovemondays
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

Cummon MYOB, please bring back the WIP button. It's a real pain not being able to get the WIP into a Quote that's converted into an invoice. People have been asking for years, please just do it.

GaryStella
6 Posts
Cover User

PLease please please put it back, we use the timebilling fuction heavily and the WIP Button is an essential part of the invoicing progress, please put it back in asap.