Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Time Billing - Notes field 255 characters

Partner

30Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

30 Posts
Partner
Australia

At the moment I can only enter 255 characters but can continue typing until I go to save the invoice. Instead of finding out I have too many characters when saving, it would be helpful if it is not possible to type anything further after the 255 characters, or if when exceeding the characters it automatically rolls over to a new line,  thanks.

"Timbilling invoice note field"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

The release of AccountRight 2020.2 has increased the Line description/Notes on sales and purchases to be 1000 characters.

7 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion @KayVeron. There isn't a notes field as such on invoices in AccountRight. Are you referring to the notes field o the customer card, or the description or memo field on an invoice? Are you referring to the notes field in MYOB Essentials sales invoices?

KayVeron
Partner
30 Posts
Partner

@Liam_M 

Clarification needed.  Sorry I was referring to the sales invoices in AccountRight Premier latest upgrades.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the clarification @KayVeron. In AccountRight Premier's latest upgrade, there isn't a notes field on sales invoices. Do you mean the description field?

KayVeron
Partner
30 Posts
Partner

@Liam_M

Sorry my AccountRight Premier notes field on the timebilling invoices.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Sorry, @KayVeron.  I understand now. Yes, when entering a time billing invoice, the notes field will allow you to enter more than 255 characters, but won't save with 255 characters. This could certainly be handled better by the software. Anyone who would like to see this corrected, please cast your vote here.

Denise_Cimarosti
Partner
95 Posts
Partner

This annomaly occurs in many fields - instead of limiting you to a certain no of characters, MYOB keeps letting you type and then you have to guess how much of that type you need to delete before allowing you to move to the next field. eg just off the top of my head -  invoice no, purhcase no. and account name in payment details screen - but there are others. Its very annoying and time consuming that the software limits you in the first place (especially in description and notes fields), but since there are limits, doesnt stop you from typing once this limit is reached.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The release of AccountRight 2020.2 has increased the Line description/Notes on sales and purchases to be 1000 characters.