Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Use of bold, italics or colour when entering a sale

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT POSSIBLE TO USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR ON CERTAIN ENTRIES ON A SERVICE INVOICE?

I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY CUSTOMISED FORM, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY INVOICE I ENTER AND THAT WOULD JUST BE MORE WORK!!

IT WOULD BE NICE IF THERE WAS SOME KIND OF TOOLBAR WHICH INCLUDED THESE OPTIONS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO CUSTOMISE FORMS!

ANY IDEAS???

"CAN YOU USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR WHEN ENTERING SERVICE INVOICE"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Nat. We would love to hear what other users think. If you would like to see this functionality, please show your support with further votes and comments.

68 Comments
Donna-MV
4 Posts
User

Hi,

When I enter a header or subtotal line in a MYOB invoice or PO, the lines are "ghosted" when viewing on the computer.  However, there is no differentiation when printed. 

This almost defeats the purpose.  I would like these lines to be bold or underlined or somehow differentiated.

LenoreK
1 Post
Cover User

I see that there was a previous forum discussion on this topic.

I know that the bold Header is a feature in the current version and cannot be changed by the user.

I am another user who wants this changed back so that the Header line is not forced to be bold, as it does not suit our customised invoices.

If the user could choose either bold or not bold themselves, that would probably be the best outcome.

Regards, LenoreK

Pelican5237
Experienced Cover User
119 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am often required to highlight text in quotes (professional form) and the only thing I can do is use *****. This is pretty unsatisfactory. It would be great if we could highlight or underline text.

Doog
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I am using Accountright 2013.2 and wish to submit an idea to improve the setting out of an invoice. There should be either an option or default to make the Header Line Bold.  It appears on the screen as bold but when you print it does not.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the great idea Nat. We would love to hear what other users think. If you would like to see this functionality, please show your support with further votes and comments.
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I think this is a duplicate idea? I have voted for it also

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

It would be great if this could be added to any invoice layout.  I use Time Billing and there are some times where I would like to use formatting within the description of some invoices but I can't.  

It would also be great if the keyboard shortcuts for formatting are kept for Bold, Italics & Underline so that we can keep our fingers on the keyboard without needing to navigate with the mouse.

taurus
2 Posts
Cover User

It would be nice if you could change the font type, sized or make it bold or itallic when inserting a header into the body of a sale invoice to make it appear different to the rest of the text.

Cheers Alan

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agree and have voted for it!

ns_mathew
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Technically speaking making the comment section free form is not that hard ...just disable the pop up. We use the comment to enter tracking details of the goods we dispatch  ..and the present work around of editing the comments section before we apply it to the SO is just too difficult.

I would vote for a change please.