Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Use of bold, italics or colour when entering a sale

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT POSSIBLE TO USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR ON CERTAIN ENTRIES ON A SERVICE INVOICE?

I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY CUSTOMISED FORM, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY INVOICE I ENTER AND THAT WOULD JUST BE MORE WORK!!

IT WOULD BE NICE IF THERE WAS SOME KIND OF TOOLBAR WHICH INCLUDED THESE OPTIONS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO CUSTOMISE FORMS!

ANY IDEAS???

"CAN YOU USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR WHEN ENTERING SERVICE INVOICE"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Nat. We would love to hear what other users think. If you would like to see this functionality, please show your support with further votes and comments.

68 Comments
BBNT
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes Please

I just added Headings and Subtotals and they looked great as I created it and then when I saw how they looked once emailed I was devasted.  

This does not seem to be a huge ask.

Emco
3 Posts
Cover User

I agree, A header is a header! 

I can make this comment bold, but not headers in my invoices - very unprofessional, this needs an urgent upgrade!!

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your votes and comments. I have passed your feedback to the relevant team.

Anyone else wish to see this feature added please keep your votes and comments coming.

NatADM
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYTHING IS UNDER WAY TO INCORPORATE THE OPTION TO USE BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE & ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN MAKE LIFE EASIER TO MAKE INVOICES LOOK THE WAY YOU WANT?

IT IS OBVIOUSLY A VERY POPULAR IDEA & LOOKS LIKE LOTS OF PEOPLE WOULD APPRECIATE HAVING THIS.

IT'S BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS SINCE I POSTED THE FIRST REQUEST, AND THERE WERE PROBABLY MORE EVEN BEFORE MINE!

WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS HAPPENING REALLY SOON!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @NatADM

Thank you for your enquiry in regards to the update to this idea.

Currently the idea is still marked as Under Consideration. At this stage we are still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea implemented in the program to vote and comment if required for this idea. As to a time frame to when the idea will be included in the program we are unable to provide a time frame to when certain ideas will be implemented/placed in development. In saying that as of 12/06/2015 the Idea Exchange have had 66 ideas implemented from it and some of the ideas have been marked as Planned.

EmilyQC
1 Post
User

Has anything been done about this yet? I have a 4 page quote that just looks like a heap of text! Surely its not that hard to add this as a feature?

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @EmilyQC

Currently this is still not possible in the new version 2015.x. We encourage everyone that would like to see this in future upgrades to vote and leave comments.

I have passed your feedback into the team for you. 

snowbie2
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I can't believe that after 2 1/2 years, this idea is still only Under Consideration.

Having in insert blank lines and write all of my headings in CAPS just so my customers can differentiate between headings and line items is getting very old.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @snowbie2,

Thank you for your feedback, and your vote for this idea.

Our developers can definitely see the benefit of having this option and it is on their consideration list. There are numbers of factors they'll need to consider when developing features, the number of votes an idea receives heavily influences how our development team prioritise their work. 

We do encourage any users who are interested in this idea to cast your vote, and leave comment with additional details.

PMC2015
4 Posts
Cover User

PLEASE make this an option. Invoices need to be that little bit more personalised!