Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Use of bold, italics or colour when entering a sale

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

30Kudos

1Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT POSSIBLE TO USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR ON CERTAIN ENTRIES ON A SERVICE INVOICE?

I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY CUSTOMISED FORM, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY INVOICE I ENTER AND THAT WOULD JUST BE MORE WORK!!

IT WOULD BE NICE IF THERE WAS SOME KIND OF TOOLBAR WHICH INCLUDED THESE OPTIONS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO CUSTOMISE FORMS!

ANY IDEAS???

"CAN YOU USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR WHEN ENTERING SERVICE INVOICE"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Nat. We would love to hear what other users think. If you would like to see this functionality, please show your support with further votes and comments.

68 Comments
ButchDisco
1 Post
User

Italics would help greatly with differentiating between lines on an invoice if it is a 'note' or unimportant to the invoice itself.

Sandyk68
2 Posts
User

Yes, I want this too!

No point having a header that doesn't differentiate from any other line....

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Sandyk68, thank you for sharing your helpful insights about this feature with the Community Forum. We understand that this is a helpful feature for your daily workflow, and we appreciate your patience and effort for bringing this to us. Rest assured that we will relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us on the Community Forum, Live Chat, or send us a private message anytime you need further assistance, and we'll be happy to help. 

JustMichaela
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

As you can all see from the original post in 2013, we have been waiting for this option for a very long time.  Myob programmers are obviously very smart, so I am not sure why this feature hasn't already been implemented before now.

My boss still asks me all the time can I bold and underline that heading (invoices obviously) and I keep reminding him that we don't have that option yet.  ;(

On a side note ... Gosh, it just makes me think how long have I been a Myob user... About 20 years now.  When did Myob first start?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Sandyk68,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

We appreciate your patience and understanding to this matter. Your feedback really matters to us to improve our service. However, AccountRight does not currently allow for additional formatting to added to the description information of an invoice. The system will generate standard text for the information contained within the description and other values on screens and on the printed/emailed copied of the invoice. 

If you have other concerns that you need help with, feel free to post again. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Roborigger
4 Posts
User

Wow - so many years, and this STILL has not been acted upon.  In fact, none of the things I've ever commented on or given the thumbs up to actioning have EVER been actioned ... over 10 years and still waiting!

Sandyk68
2 Posts
User

@Roborigger so poor, I'm off to Xero soon 👍🏼

JustMichaela
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Roborigger and @Sandyk68 10+ years is a long time for the Myob programmers to back-bench this very much needed suggested and requested idea, isn't it??!!

The reason why we haven't gone on to another program is that I am too old and too tired to start again.  ;-)