Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Warning customer is in credit when raising invoice

Experienced Cover User

15Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hello,

At the moment if a credit exists for a customer the first reminder we receive is when processing a payment, it would make more sense (to me) if the warning came when the invoice was raised otherwise that horse has already bolted, if advised earlier an adjustment by way of the credit would reduce the invoice at that point and the credit issue is resolved.  As it stands if its missed and not picked up it can continue invoice after invoice, and it would be a better solution than sticky notes on the screen to remind of customers with credits.

"Warning that a credit exists when raising invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thanks for your suggestion Peter. This would certainly help to improve data entry in sales. I can see that this suggestion has a few votes already. If anyone else would find this suggestion useful, tlease add your vote.

5 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for your suggestion Peter. This would certainly help to improve data entry in sales. I can see that this suggestion has a few votes already. If anyone else would find this suggestion useful, tlease add your vote.
importants
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When I receive payment for an order I open the Receive Payments window, enter the customer name, and sometimes up pops the warning that the customer outstanding credit memos on file, and do I want to apply it to this sale? Not very helpful as I have already received the full amount of the invoice.

The warning needs to come when the invoice is being created, so any credit can be applied when issuing the invoice and the customer can see the credit applied and then pay the net amount.

Is it possible to work this into the next series of refinements?

dyann
Experienced Cover User
111 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, this is one we all want in our office and keep wondering why it has never happened in all the years of MYOB

dyann
Experienced Cover User
111 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is it not possible to have a pop up window when entering an invoice to alert if the customer has a credit on file?

Paolo_Dist
Contributing Partner
16 Posts
Contributing Partner

Exactly Spot On with this request!!