Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Ability to search amounts without commas and symbol in search

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

When trying to find amounts unless you type in $10,000 with the $ and comma the amount is no longer found?

So if you just type the numbers you can't find i.e. 10000

I am sure this worked in earlier versions?  

"Ctrl, Shift F - (FIND) Function"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: October 2015

Hi @CloudMindAcc

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight.

The Advance search option i.e. CTRL + SHIFT + F is designed to find a string of data in the table. Basically if you are searching for 10000 it will look for 10000 in the table which is different string than 10,000. I've marked your idea as Maybe later, as it maybe something that we may look into future down the track for AccountRight but not at this time and within the current advance search functionality.

I tested it in AccountRight 2015.2 and it does the same as AccountRight 2015.4 i.e. will not bring up values if you search without the comma separator.

5 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CloudMindAcc

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight.

The Advance search option i.e. CTRL + SHIFT + F is designed to find a string of data in the table. Basically if you are searching for 10000 it will look for 10000 in the table which is different string than 10,000. I've marked your idea as Maybe later, as it maybe something that we may look into future down the track for AccountRight but not at this time and within the current advance search functionality.

I tested it in AccountRight 2015.2 and it does the same as AccountRight 2015.4 i.e. will not bring up values if you search without the comma separator.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks MYOB Moderator

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CloudMindAcc

You might have been thinking about the search feature for the Card List search (not advance search) this actually searches without the need for commas.

Default search
Attachments - Copy (2).PNG
Advance search (without comma)
Attachments - Copy.PNG
Advance search (with comma)
Attachments.PNG

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CloudMindAcc

No worries, glad I help.

Like I said above in the initial marking of this idea the advance search option will search the character values and therefore the comma is required. Having said that it is marked as Maybe Later for something we consider in the future.