Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Ability to search by partial account name

Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB and have noticed when I go to disburse a charge / invoice to an Acct# and Job number that you can only search by the account number.

This is quite impractical as i would have to memorise over 400 account numbers to be able to disbuse.

With other accounting programs I have used you can do a search for the words or vehicle registration to isolate the only accounts set up with those words in them. Eg. Searching for the word "fee" or "repairs" etc.

Is it possible for you to upgrade the search fields so you can also search for words? It would save a lot of time processing invoices and make this part of MYOB more practical for our comapny and I am sure for a lot of others as well.

Thanks, Bec

"Searching for Acct# and Job numbers"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

When selecting for accounts using the AccountRight browser interface users the search function will look for any account number or name that matches what you type in. This does include partial account names.

3 Comments
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Change your settings in preferences to search by account name not number. I think this is what you want.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

When selecting for accounts using the AccountRight browser interface users the search function will look for any account number or name that matches what you type in. This does include partial account names.