Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Ability to search for partial item description

3Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User

We are a small business with a large volume of SKUs, and approximately 30,000 line items. We can't remember all the product descriptions so the ability to search within a description string is quite essential. Xero and Sassu both search the entire description whereas MYOB requires you to enter the exact description. This is a real pain to generate item based invoices.

For example:

Product Description: Dark Blue Shirt

For MYOB you must search: "Dark" to bring this item up as an option, whereas you should be able to search for "blue".

MYOB retailmanager allows asterisk and question mark wildcard operators (ie *blue*) to search for a string within a string. At the very least Accountright should be able to offer this search functionality. I can't image it would be difficult.

The same search functionality would be useful for Customer, supplier and pretty much any other searchable field.

We will not be able to migrate invoicing to MYOB until this feature is enable or a suitable work-around (ie wildcards) is provided.

"Improved search functionality for searching within item description"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting for this idea

I'm pleased to announce with the release of AccountRight 2016.3 comes a new way to search and select items for your Sales, Purchases and Inventory Windows. This allows for the user to search for item number and name, even bring a list up of all items that contain a series of characters in the name/number i.e.

Attachments.PNG

You can find more information into this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available

42 Comments
Snoogan
3 Posts
User

How do you use the new implemented search feature?  I can't work out how

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Snoogan

As mentioned this idea has been implemented with the release of AccountRight 2016.3. 

I would recommend ensuring you are using AccountRight 2016.3 or later, this can be checked via Help>>About AccountRight.

If you are using AccountRight 2016.3 or later, when selecting to add an item to an invoice or purchase you can select the drop down arrow on the right hand side of the Item Number field. This will generate a full list of your items that can be included on that transaction, you can then select the relevant field under the corresponding heading and enter values to search your items - for example:

Attachment.PNG

Do note that this feature has not been included in the AccountRight Classic (v19) range of products.