Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Account Type selection when using account name

Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia

Guys, 

When using the option to select accounts by their name, the drop down list should be sorted by the account name, but not grouped by the account type.

I work with a number of different clients who each have slightly different Charts of Accounts and are therefore using different account numbers.  To make it easier while processing, I like to select the accounts by their name rather than the account number.

However, if I type in say 'motor' when I want to post to Motor Vehicle Expenses, the first few items that appear in the list are:

Motor Vehicle at cost

Motor Vehicle Depn

To get to the expense item without typing the whole word means that I now have to scroll through all the Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Income, Cost of Sales and then finally get to the Expense accounts.

When using the option to select by account name, the list should sort all the accounts into alphabetical order in the first column then show the account type in the second column.

Thanks.

Alan

"Selecting accounts by their name"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2014

Hi Alan, We are pleased to confirm that this change has been implemented. The new AccountRight range now only displays the accounts starting with the search terms, with the Account Type displayed in a separate column. Therefore you no longer have to scroll through the rest of the accounts list to locate your account. Thank you again for your post and comments.

5 Comments
Murray_McKenzie
Ultimate Partner
545 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Gidday Alan

You could potentially work around this

The accounts you hardly ever use (MV at cost, MV Depn etc), try appending something at the start.

This could be say a "1" so you would have "1 Motor Vehicle as Cost"

Then when you type "motor" you will get exactly what you want
You'll know that when you want the Asset ccount to type 1 Motor

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi Murray,

Thanks for your suggestion.  That is basically what I am doing at the moment, but it not how I want the reports to print :-(

This is one of those things that the old Quickbooks does much better than MYOB.

Alan

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea AlanT. We would love to hear what others think about this. If you would like to have the accounts list search window sort by the account name only, ignoring the account type classification, please add a vote.
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi Barry_C,

I have installed 2013.5 and done some testing and it seems to me that the development team have implemented this request.  Can you confirm this is the case as it is now working the way I suggested it should.

If so, thanks to you and the team.

Regards,

Alan

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Hi Alan, We are pleased to confirm that this change has been implemented. The new AccountRight range now only displays the accounts starting with the search terms, with the Account Type displayed in a separate column. Therefore you no longer have to scroll through the rest of the accounts list to locate your account. Thank you again for your post and comments.