Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Accounts by account name AND number

Trusted Partner

60Posts

246Kudos

3Solutions

60 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

Why can't we enter either a name or number in account code field and it looks up both number and name tables. Surely in a sql database this should not need to be an either/or option that is selected in setup.

"Account selection in transactions"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

When selecting for accounts using the AccountRight browser interface users the search function will look for any account number or name that matches what you type in. This does include partial account names.

7 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @linda_monardo. As you've mentioned AccountRight allows you to search for accounts by number or name, but not both at the same time. Anyone who would like to see this functionality in a future update, please cast your vote here. 

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I think it would make sense to automatically search for both and make data entry easier - I have added my vote.

BKFr
1 Post
Cover User

When selecting  accounts if typing numbers use account number, if typing  letters list accounts starting with or (preferably) containing string typed (We don't all think like accountants ;-) ) 

ballens
20 Posts
User

YES PLEASE. Would definately like to search by ACCOUNT NAME (not just account number).

ballens
20 Posts
User

Would love to be able to search by ACCOUNT NAME (not just account number).  

Eg. Spend Money > select an Account  *** BY NAME *** not by account number or have a choice in that screen. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

When selecting for accounts using the AccountRight browser interface users the search function will look for any account number or name that matches what you type in. This does include partial account names.

ballens
20 Posts
User

Hi MYOB
Thank you for actioning this (searching with number AND NAME)  ... but it doesn't seem to work. 
I have just tried it.  I can now search with a LETTER but it doesn't search the "names".
eg. I typed in "U N I F .. " for searching for an account called "Uniform" but nothing comes up.  Just "U-NIF.. " Hope you can help. 

(see screenshot below).
Screenshot 2023-03-08 091741.jpg