Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Search: Accounts by account name AND number

Trusted Partner

57Posts

82Kudos

0Solutions

57 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

Why can't we enter either a name or number in account code field and it looks up both number and name tables. Surely in a sql database this should not need to be an either/or option that is selected in setup.

"Account selection in transactions"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @linda_monardo. As you've mentioned AccountRight allows you to search for accounts by number or name, but not both at the same time. Anyone who would like to see this functionality in a future update, please cast your vote here. 

3 Comments
MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thanks for your suggestion @linda_monardo. As you've mentioned AccountRight allows you to search for accounts by number or name, but not both at the same time. Anyone who would like to see this functionality in a future update, please cast your vote here. 

Partner ASWatCR
242 Posts
Partner

I think it would make sense to automatically search for both and make data entry easier - I have added my vote.

BKFr
1 Post
Cover User

When selecting  accounts if typing numbers use account number, if typing  letters list accounts starting with or (preferably) containing string typed (We don't all think like accountants ;-) )