Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Barcode field

Experienced Cover User

29Posts

44Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

why does Account Right not have a field for barcodes

"myob account right no barcode field"

5 Comments
BIRD_PLACE
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

can anyone tell me why Account Right does not have a field for barcodes?

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @BIRD_PLACE 

While there is no dedicated spot to record barcodes for my clients who want a record of it I use one of the Custom Fields that are available.  This is the type of info they are meant for. See this MYOB help article.

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Custom+item+fields

Capture.JPG

Cheers

David

DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I am sure it would be very beneficial to many users if you were able to have a second lookup field for items.

This could be used for the products barcode so you could either scan a barcode or type a description to enter the same item into a sales window.

@Haydes did mention this in March 2019 but his brilliant suggestion seems to have been overlooked and forgotten about.

I know Retail Manager had it and so does Advanced and EXO along with a competitor Jim2 and several others.

The fields are called "Barcodes or Alternate Codes" in the other packages.

BobMcLennan
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

This is an absolute no brainer.  I am looking around at other packages. Does anyone have suggestions?

cheers

Bob

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi everyone, 

Having barcodes in the app is a pretty nifty idea! We'll toss it into the suggestion hat for potential future updates.

Feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
Genreve