Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Click and drag to select (multiple) tick boxes

4Posts

164Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

Hi,

can you please bring back the function that was available in the old versions of MYOB eg Premier v19, whereby you could click and drag the mouse down over the tick boxes in a Bank Reconciliation or when processing payroll? I know the feature to click and select / unselect ALL the tick boxes, but the drag and select feature was really useful for selecting / unselecting groups of transactions in one go. I get so frustrated having to click each single box!!

Thanks

Kate

"Group Ticking of Tick Boxes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Great idea - folks vote on this one if you like it!

88 Comments
Mesa3
4 Posts
Cover User

In v19 it was possible to select part of a list of items to print or select by clicking and dragging to the bottom of the selection. Now you have to individually click on each one, it would be good to have this ability back.

Tina6112
3 Posts
Cover User

Yesw very frustrating doing it individually

Tina6112
3 Posts
Cover User

Please bring this function back ASAP, badly missed

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

I live in hope that MYOB will listen to this thread. Meanwhile, I have clicked the mouse literally THOUSANDS of times more than had I been using an archaic version of MYOB Software. I thought the technology curve sloped upward...

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This has been too long on the pending list.

ALSO  - the ability to bulk select / hide Bank Feed transactions.

PLEASE!!!

regards

David

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

Thanks David, I agree.

Also, the Payroll screen is affected by this. I believe this has been mentioned in earlier comments.

lsdf2005
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I'm literally getting old here...! Bring this function back please!

CatherineBryant
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

In old versions of MYOB, pre-AccountRight, you used to be able to select multiple items in a check box situation by simply clicking on the first one and dragging down or up.  For example, bank reconciliations, processing payroll, selecting accounts to report in GL reports, etc.  Now you have to click on each one separately (unless you want to select the whole lot).  Please add the click and drag method option to AccountRight as it is very time consuming to tick off items one by one. 

BH99
1 Post
User

Did this ever get done?

I'm having the same problem in Prepare Bank Deposits. I don't want all boxes ticked, but was able to drag the mouse down to quickly tick items below my first selection. It was a very quick and useful feature of MYOB Premier V19.

Current method of ticking single boxes is very very slow.

PeterEPNZ
18 Posts
Cover User

Another reconciliation...another 327 unecessary keystrokes. I do wonder if this feature will ever be looked at. MYOB? Hello?

I actually just emailed a complaint to customer_service@myob.com - I really don't like to complain...but I really also don't like wasting time everytime I have to reconcile hundreds of transactions!!!