Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Emailing: Change the From email address

MYOB Moderator

43Posts

92Kudos

3Solutions

43 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New
New

Hi there.

Had a client today getting some feedback from customers/suppliers etc about when an email (sent from AR Live mail) arrives into the inbox it has the email address "accountright@apps.myob.com"
This wouldn't normally be a problem but some people are copying this email address when writing a reply, why they do this we do not know (instead of just hitting reply). 

If this is able to somehow be replaced with the reply address so that it looks like the "reply to" email address actually sent the email (?!) then that would go a long way in fixing a headache for the client.

Thought we would throw the suggestion in here in case others find their customers doing this and maybe would benefit from a change. Smiley Happy

Thanks

"Emailing from new AR Email system, shows confusing email address in customers inbox.."

13 Comments
LaurenceOakey
3 Posts
Cover User

I cant understand why the latest Myob version would only allow one user reply email address per company when you have multiple users with thier own email address. As an example when other users send a quote to a customer and they reply to this the reply goes to the only email address allowed  which in my instance is an email address in another town. The idea is good not having to leave Myob to go to your emails but it is just not functional.

Mardi_1
4 Posts
Cover User

I have had a supplier email me back from a order I sent them but instead of reply getting my email address they have copied the email address on the main page e.g.

mailto:AccountRight@apps.myob.com

As it has my company name followed by the address sent thru MYOB.  Can this be changed? As the supplier is wanting to update their contact records using this generic email address.

Jeremy-Martens
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We have been using this functionality for a few years now and love it, with one caveat. 

From time to time, a customer will hit reply and even try to send a purchase order to "AccountRight@apps.myob.com"

This is quite frustrating (more for our customers) and makes the service far from ideal.

Other systems i have seen offer a unique email address. something like '[company name][companyID]@apps.myob.com'

This way, any responses could be forwarded back to the appropriate email account- and not lost forever

Are there any plans for this functionality within the current product development roadmap? If not- who else wants it? we do!

Thanks

Jeremy

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Jeremy-Martens,

I am curious. Are you saying that if someone replies directly to an invoice that was sent to them using the AccountRight email system that it doesn't respond to the default email address provided in the settings?

Or are you saying that they put in the accountright@apps.myob.com email address manually when replying?

If they are not putting it in manually and just clicking the reply button please check your default email settings which is filled with the email address they are to reply back to when clicking the reply button. You can find out more here, Set up your default email settings.

Jeremy-Martens
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It is really customer dependent. I'm guessing that some email systems ( or humans) ignore the 'default reply to' email address, and just send to the original sender. 

That would be the down-side of 'setting' a "reply-to" rather than a genuine "send as".

I would love to have a better solution as there is no way that either we or our customers know that theyve sent to the wrong address.

Thanks

Jeremy

Jeremy-Martens
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I've noticed that my own email program, MS Outlook 365, defaults to send to the actual sender.

So it would automatically reply to the MYOB AccountRight email, not the 'send as' email.

7 Posts
Cover User

When sending emails from MYOB please consider a company has multiple emails eg. accounts@ sales@ admin@ etc.

The ability to select a different from email would be very helpful , especially for the correct direction of customer reply correspondance. 

The email from address should be local not system wide.

Audible
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User

I have a small number of customers who require we send monthly statements to a different e-mail adress. 

For example, invoices to "invoices@customer.com.au" and statements to "statements@customer.com.au". 

It's a small number now, but seems to be growing in number, mostly among the larger national companies. 

Then you have requests to send a quotation to yet another e-mail adress. 

It would be really great if MYOB account right would cater for multiple e-mail adresses for each customer card, an e-mail for sales, invoices, statements etc. 

7 Posts
Cover User

Audible, we do this so the good news is it's possible.

You enter in the card file multiple email addresses by using the alternative address selections eg. address 3 etc.

Then when emailing

If it's directly from the invoice you can click send to email and in the pop up email window click on the To: and you will be able to see all the associated emails of that card and tick the ones you wish to send to, allowing you to send to more that one.

If it's from the actual print invoice, statements etc. window then you need to select the extra address from the drop down menu and copy and paste it in to the field with the other email address with    ;     between them eg. invoices@customer.com.au;statements@customer.com.au

Hope that helps

someone
Trusted Cover User
112 Posts
Trusted Cover User

@101 wrote:

When sending emails from MYOB please consider a company has multiple emails eg. accounts@ sales@ admin@ etc.

The ability to select a different from email would be very helpful , especially for the correct direction of customer reply correspondance. 

The email from address should be local not system wide.

This is another reason why we don't use myob for emailing