Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to change preferences with closing windows

Experienced Cover User

68Posts

129Kudos

0Solutions

68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In order to change the preferences (eg which periods are locked off) all the windows need to be shut down.

This is not helpful when you are 30 lines into a General Journal and go to save it only to find out that the period has been locked.  You used to be able to go into the preferences - change them and then save the transaction - now you just lose it. or you have to post it to an incorrect date - change the preferences - find the transaction again and then change the date.

Untitled picture 6.png

"CHANGE PREFERENCES WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN ALL WINDOWS"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2015

We're very pleased to say that we've now implemented this feature in our 2015.4 update. You can now change preferences without closing open Windows. You can see all the fantastic improvements we've made via our AccountRight Blog.

52 Comments
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi  Geejay

I wish this was a new idea however unfortunately it is a very old oneSmiley Sad.    Please vote on this link here as well.

CHANGE-PREFERENCES-WITHOUT-SHUTTING-DOWN-ALL

If we could please get this fixed I will dance in cloud nine with happiness

Regards

Booksinthecloud

WCM
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would also like to be able to lock periods by user/profile.  so I can stop data entry for a month but still do the financial statement/journals.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@Suja_P this is a duplicate of the previous idea- see above the link in my post.  Can you please combine them as hopefully more votes on the one post will hopefully get this fixed in the long run. 

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi team @Suja_P

How many more versions do we have to wait for until this is fixed.    Please get it fixed or a interim solution as below.     Coming into EOFY this is proving to be frustrating already.   I just spent 20 minutes editing a long item invoice to be told the preference was on reverse again.   So I shut out and lost my work not to mention my clients time! 

It would be even better if we could have some sort of flag in the right hand corner that permanently indicates "Delete Mode" or "Reverse" Mode.   This would be most helpful. Smiley Tongue

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @CloudMindAcc

Yes I agree this would be a most helpful feature to include in the software. The normal process for an Idea posted on Ideas Exchange would go through a few stages. We would mark the post as "Under Consideration" and encourage users to vote and comment for this idea. If the idea does generate a number of votes and comments we mark it has high demand meaning we will investigate and attempt to implement that idea ahead of other ideas with lesser demand.

As of 12/06/2015 the idea exchange have had 66 ideas implemented from it and some of the ideas have been marked as Planned.

We currently don't have a timeframe as to when this is to be included in the program. However I would encourage other members of the MYOB Community to vote and comment if required. 

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks @KattC I understand, but this within the top 10 of the most votes currently.    It is not really an "idea" is is an error that needs to be fixed 80 people have voted a lot of which are MYOB Partners or CC's.  The "idea" has been up on the forum since 2012.   I am rarely one to moan about issues however I feel this needs to put on the urgent list. 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Renae (@CloudMindAcc), I understand what you mean. Your are right, this is one of our most popular ideas. I have sent the details of this Idea to our AccountRight Product Manager. Will post an update as soon as I hear back from him. I appreciate your patience in the meantime.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Yes please please please - this drives you crazy. MYOB will have some happy customers again if they can address this issue.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

2015.3 still not change here.. next release maybe???

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Renae (@CloudMindAcc), Sorry about the delay in this being implemented. I've just had confirmation from the AccountRight product manager that this is something that they are definitely looking into. However he was unable to commit to when this may be possible. I will continue to follow this up and post any update that I receive. Thank you once again for your patience.