Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to change preferences with closing windows

Experienced Cover User

68Posts

129Kudos

0Solutions

68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In order to change the preferences (eg which periods are locked off) all the windows need to be shut down.

This is not helpful when you are 30 lines into a General Journal and go to save it only to find out that the period has been locked.  You used to be able to go into the preferences - change them and then save the transaction - now you just lose it. or you have to post it to an incorrect date - change the preferences - find the transaction again and then change the date.

Untitled picture 6.png

"CHANGE PREFERENCES WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN ALL WINDOWS"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2015

We're very pleased to say that we've now implemented this feature in our 2015.4 update. You can now change preferences without closing open Windows. You can see all the fantastic improvements we've made via our AccountRight Blog.

52 Comments
Sarah40
6 Posts
Cover User

In V17 you could make changes to preferences with windows open, now you have to close all windows before opening the preferences window. Bummer.... Would be good if it was changed back to how it was.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Becky, @Sarah40 

Your 'new idea' is a duplicate to that made on 16/11/2012 it already has 47 votes with an "Under Consideration" status; it needs many more votes to make it a reality.

Please vote for it on this link CHANGE PREFERENCES WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN ALL WINDOWS and add your comments.

Thank you.

Sarah40
6 Posts
Cover User

Having just upgraded from V17, this is a new problem to me, but oh so frustrating. Please change back to how it was.

MOTIVATED
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please correct as also find frustrating and time consuming

bandcs
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User

Nothing's changed in 2014.1

Stuffed if I know why MYOB need 50+ votes to put back something that was originally there - and STILL DON'T DO IT.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I was hopeing this would be fixed in version 2014.3 and still not.  I would not like to count how many times this has wasted my time having to shut out of what I am doing to take a tick off.

Please can we have this fixed in version 2014.4 

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

MYOB I am begging you please fix this Preference Problem.  This can be so frustrating and time consuming.  We end up doing everything twice due to having to shut out of the screens only to go back and do it all again. Time is not on our side here.

Users please vote this change.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,922 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Yes please - please please - I have voted!

dawesse
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This seems to be the same with a number of issues with the new Account Right Verison - worked okay in V19 but not now.

Please fix this asap - its a huge time waster.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @dawesse

Thank you for casting your vote and providing your feedback. I have shared it with the team.