Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to change preferences with closing windows

Experienced Cover User

68Posts

129Kudos

0Solutions

68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In order to change the preferences (eg which periods are locked off) all the windows need to be shut down.

This is not helpful when you are 30 lines into a General Journal and go to save it only to find out that the period has been locked.  You used to be able to go into the preferences - change them and then save the transaction - now you just lose it. or you have to post it to an incorrect date - change the preferences - find the transaction again and then change the date.

Untitled picture 6.png

"CHANGE PREFERENCES WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN ALL WINDOWS"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2015

We're very pleased to say that we've now implemented this feature in our 2015.4 update. You can now change preferences without closing open Windows. You can see all the fantastic improvements we've made via our AccountRight Blog.

52 Comments
MOTIVATED
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Preferences Tab-Find it super annoying when doing bank rec or need to change a transaction, and require to reverse a transaction.

The window has to close, then go to preferences tick, then re start bank rec closing and balance again.

Calculator- I also approx a year ago complained that the calculator was adding/doubling figures up if not careful when pressing enter at end.This still occurs, so how many people are adding clients bulk figures up incorrectly without realising?

When are these being corrected?

MOTIVATED
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes Yes Yes Please Fix- Sick and tired of same answers of considering or looking into from day 1.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@MOTIVATED  I agree.

And it's the same with other things that are missing from V19.

Why should we have to log an idea to get them back?. The idea then gets almost no votes even though it is a major problem such as the one I logged for scrolling back in early 2014... and it's still not fixed.

There are so many things that are not being addressed. MYOB keep saying oh yes we've done 63 things but I haven't seen any evidence of them.

DebraAnderson
Experienced Partner
77 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hello,

Yes I know this is a duplicate & yes I know there is a workaround (opening another session of the same file but it takes so long to do) but it doesn't seem to be making it to the top of any of the to-do lists and it really is an absolute pain so I felt compelled to just put it out there again.

Please, please, please - it may seem like a small change but it will help our (bookkeepers/accountants) efficiencies and efficiences are our bread & butter.

Thank you

Debra Smiley Happy

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,910 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Yes Yes please please - it would make the life of partners so much easier!

Happy partners means happy customers!

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Still cursing the PC each time this happens 10 times a day.  Can we please get this fixed it is very  time consuming.   Sometimes it can take a while to even find the transaction you need to reverse or delete.  Only to discover you have to close out of the screen and start again Smiley Sad.    

It would be even better if we could have some sort of flag in the right hand corner that permanently indicates "Delete Mode" or "Reverse" Mode. Not fixed in version 2015.1 please please fix in version 2015.2 please.   This would be most helpful. :smileytongue:

Thanks

Renae

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Renae (@CloudMindAcc), 

This is something that I'm personally following up with our Product Development team. Will post an update as soon as I have something on this. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Kimberley
Experienced Cover User
95 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I don't understand why this problem hasn't been addressed. The original post is from 2012, there have been so many updates since then and I still have to close all my windows just to change a simple setting.

Geejay
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the fact that all windows must be closed before you can access Preferences.  Surely after four years of development this can be changed.  It is such a time waster.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,910 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I agree!