Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to change preferences with closing windows

Experienced Cover User

68Posts

129Kudos

0Solutions

68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In order to change the preferences (eg which periods are locked off) all the windows need to be shut down.

This is not helpful when you are 30 lines into a General Journal and go to save it only to find out that the period has been locked.  You used to be able to go into the preferences - change them and then save the transaction - now you just lose it. or you have to post it to an incorrect date - change the preferences - find the transaction again and then change the date.

Untitled picture 6.png

"CHANGE PREFERENCES WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN ALL WINDOWS"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2015

We're very pleased to say that we've now implemented this feature in our 2015.4 update. You can now change preferences without closing open Windows. You can see all the fantastic improvements we've made via our AccountRight Blog.

52 Comments
GTA
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have locked the June 2015 period so we can't make any entries as the bank rec has been completed.  Every time I make a June entry I get the pop-up that I can't make entries to the closed period (which is fine) but to unlock the period all windows have to be closed which means entering all the data again.  I am using 2015.3 and did not have to do this in Premier 19.  Is there another way around this?

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @GTA

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Thank you for your suggestion, however it has existed as a "new idea" since 16/11/2012.

It can be viewed, commented on and voted for on this link CHANGE PREFERENCES WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN ALL WINDOWS.

It is currently "Under Consideration" and has 80 votes; to vote for it please click its "+ Vote" icon.

Thank you.

tjejojyj
Trusted Cover User
71 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Great idea!! 

At the very least MYOB could

1. save the dates entered so when you go back to where you were you don't have to start again.

2. give you a warning immediately if you are trying to make an entry in the locked period (i.e. after the date field is adjusted to a date within the locked period).

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @tjejojyj,

Thank you for the comment; we do appreciate the feedback.

Your first suggestion sounds like an excellent idea (or substitution) in the event that implementing this feature has been delayed. In regards to #2, typically, the software does give you a little message immediately after entering in a date that happens to be in a locked period. For example, if you clicked on 'Record Journal Entry', and immediately typed in a date residing in a locked period, it will show up with a red cross and the message 'You can't record general journal transactions dated in the lock period.'

Given the popularity of this suggestion, we are hoping for the product development team to take note of this and have it implemented into the software in the near future. We do encourage anyone else who would like to see this feature incorporated into future releases of the AccountRight software to vote by clicking on the '+ VOTE' option next to the subject heading, and commenting if you wish.

Cheers,

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

tjejojyj
Trusted Cover User
71 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi Tallie,

Thanks for your reply.   I think the word to stress is "little".   The program waits until any changes have been prepared and THEN it gives a large balloon warning.  

Why can't you have the pop-up warning when the date is entered?   Logically if someone has entered a date they intend to record a transaction on that date.    I just go "burnt" by this.  

I'm sorry to say but this is a terrible workflow.  Please get this fixed on the next upgrade.

I will vote but something you should just fix because it's the right thing to do!  From experience with other suggestions and being fobbed off that they will considered I can only say there seems to be an attitude from MYOB "It's our software but it's your problem."  I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but it seems to be the only conclusion to draw.

Thanks.

Tim

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi again,

MYOB Moderator In reference to the date residing in a locked period, showing up with a red cross and the message 'You can't record general journal transactions dated in the lock period', does not help us.  Often we spend time trying to find a particular transaction and then go to amend it and we get this message HOWEVER to go and take the tick off the locked period we have to go out of the transaction, take the tick of and then go finding it again. 

If the development team can't get it to work as it did in version 19 where  you could go and remove the locked tick or reverse tick while you are still in the transaction...... then all we need is the below option so we can easily see the status before we go finding transactions only to be shut out every single time!

I beg you fix it please I sound like a stuck record ... I am not posting any NEW ideas until this very old 2012 83 votes one is sorted once and for all.

Lock Tick.jpg

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @CloudMindAcc and @tjejojyj,

I have had a chat with Suja, who has informed me that she has been working with the product manager to discuss possibilities of getting this implemented into the program as soon as possible.

We have marked this as a high priority issue, as we have noted that a lot of our partners have voiced their opinions regarding this feature.

At the risk of me sounding like a broken record myself, we do sincerely apologize for the delay, especially given how popular this suggestion has been. We will be sure to provide an update as soon as more information is available.

Cheers,

Tallie

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone, I have great pleasure in informing you that the ability to change preferences without shutting down all windows will be implemented in our next release of AccountRight Live 2015.4. Sorry it took us a while to get this done. Thank you one and all for your patience.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks MYOB music to my ears.  LYW Always Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

peterk
Experienced Partner
28 Posts
Experienced Partner

Account Right Plus v2015.3 still requires all windows to be closed before changing Preferences.

There are so many senseless changes that have been made to MYOB with the re-write to Huxley, it really is quite a disaster