Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Cancel button for when close X button is pressed by accident

Cover User

1Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

If the close button is pressed by accident, a pop up window comes up and asks if you want to back up the company file.  there is no option to cancel out of this program close function if the close button is used by accident (which is seem to do fairly often)

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2016

Hi everyone,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that the next release of AccountRight - v2016.1 will have a confirmation box when closing the application.

Thank you for all your comments and votes and your patience.

36 Comments
Raelene
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

On a number of occasions I have accidently clicked on the X that will close MYOB.  There is no opportunity to cancel this or save invoices, time billing activity slips etc. 

The most frustrating part of this is if I am using Time Billing and I have an activity slip working in the back ground, when MYOB closes it does prompt you to finalise this before closing.  I than have to remember the time I started the activity and when you are stopping and starting acitivity slips i can be a challenge to remember.

Raelene

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Apart from MYOB consulting, I also do weekend door-to-door interviews for a national opinion poll. When completing their online timesheet, I'm prompted:

- Click Yes to finish & upload, then

- Have you finished & are you ready to upload - Y/N ? then

- Are you really sure ?  Y/N

Only then, is the timesheet uploaded - nice and safe !

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I also have this problem when viewing the invoice that I have linked from the intry.  I accidently press the x at the top when I just want to close the invoice view.  So frustrating.  I have just started opening my version of the pdf on our hard drive to safe gaurd myself from shuting down the whole myob while in the middle of a transaction.

OzTara
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a 'cancel' close/exit request.  So many times I have accidentally hit the X and not been able to cancel the request.

Saying yes to backup then cancelling just cancels the backup. MYOB still closes.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @OzTara

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea, I have shared your thoughts with the team.

YPH
3 Posts
Cover User

I have experienced this frustrating problem on many occassions.  I have found that Account Right Plus 2015-3-17 is just as frustrating as it now just closes if you accidently click on the X.  A simple yes no  is a pretty standard windows option and feel confident that someone there could work it out.  It will not change the functionallity of the program just alleviate a very annoying oversight. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @YPH

Its great to hear your feedback in regards to this idea. I've shared your feedback with the team.

NationalTS
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

On your next update, can you please have a "Confirm before Exiting" option as many times I have accidently closed  MYOB and have no way of stopping the process. At least with the confirm option I can cancel my accidental click :-)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @NationalTS

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and exiting the program.

I've combined your idea with is one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

DKP
Trusted Cover User
62 Posts
Trusted Cover User

MYOB has to be the only program that never asks this question.  

And strangely enough, i think it may be needed.  

With so many programs online now, and having multiple program screens open at any one time over multiple video screens, i find myself, regularly, accidently, closing MYOB via the top right hand ''X" in error.

As it never comes up with the question, ''Are you sure you want to close MYOB"'.

This one question would save me closing MYOB, in error, usually in the middle of transaction that was put on hold, for whatever reason.  And it surely can't be doing the program any good either.

for your consideration,

Thanks

D