Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Cancel button for when close X button is pressed by accident

Cover User

1Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

If the close button is pressed by accident, a pop up window comes up and asks if you want to back up the company file.  there is no option to cancel out of this program close function if the close button is used by accident (which is seem to do fairly often)

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2016

Hi everyone,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that the next release of AccountRight - v2016.1 will have a confirmation box when closing the application.

Thank you for all your comments and votes and your patience.

36 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DKP

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and closing the software.

I've merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange.

Bazza02
1 Post
Cover User

I am contacting you to ask for a change in the next update to AccountRight,

Is it possible that when the red cross on top right of screen is clicked on to exit program that it will then ask if you want to exit program instead of just shutting down.

It is frustrating when accidently clicked.

Thank you for your attention

Regards

Barry Kidd.

Beverly1
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I find that very annoying too, Barry.

VickiS
Experienced Partner
73 Posts
Experienced Partner

Yes would be helpful when you have the Intray open and maximised and you choose the wrong X button

TRSWA
1 Post
Cover User

Yes please can you have a confirm before exiting - I often press "x" or I hit "Ctrl+N" by accident when I should have hit "Ctrl+M" and then it asks me if I want to do a back up but even if I say no it just closes.   It's only a minor thing but it would make life just that bit easier.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I believe someone has alreay posted this idea - MYOB, can you find/mark as duplicate.  Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bazza02

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the closing of the program

I have merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ASWatCR

Good pickup and thank you for letting us know. I have merged the idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange rather than marking it as a duplicate.

Harveyjt
1 Post
Cover User

Can you be prompted with a pop up message that says...

" Do you really want to close MYOB"

YES                                     NO

....when you click on the X  at the top right of screen.

I would like a dollar for everytime I have had several windowss open in MYOB ....and click to close 1....but by mistake I click on the wrong X and it closess the whole program and I have to log on again.

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@Harveyjt

Try setting your preferences> security  to Prompt for Backup before closing or Prompt for Session Report. When you hit the wrong X you will get the prompt. Intuitively you go No but this will push you out - go Yes then cancel in the next screen and keep on working.