Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Delete or Reverse option

4Posts

35Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

Currently, transactions can only be reversed when the Preferences are set to "Transactions CAN'T be changed".  I would like to have the option to delete OR reverse in the Edit drop down list so that I don't have to continually change my preferences.

"Reverse Transactions Option"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

Hi Donna, thanks for the feedback. What do others think? I'd be interested to know more about the scenarios where you want to switch from delete to reverse, what drives your decision to use one option vs the other?

18 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Hi Donna, thanks for the feedback. What do others think? I'd be interested to know more about the scenarios where you want to switch from delete to reverse, what drives your decision to use one option vs the other?
Barkel
Experienced Cover User
68 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I always have transactions set to be deleted but when you have locked off the period you need to reverse so that GST adjustemnt shows in the current period and not affect the closed period.

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
Reverse is handy for entering bounced payments and credits/refunds in spend money transactions as you can not physically enter a minus spend money transaction. Ta
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,832 Posts
Ultimate Partner

afaik, you couldn't enter a negative spend money in V19 and prior, but in AR2012 you can; just tried it.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I agree it would be very useful to have the option of reverse OR delete for every transaction without having to go to preferences etc.   You essentially have this functionality now, but it involves multiple steps, so why not shortcut it.  Perhaps some user preferences could be established re prevailedges to reverse or delete.

denisechev
Trusted Cover User
43 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I too would like this option. Each month I reverse various accruals and then reenter the new amounts. It would be handy if I could go straight away to reverse without having to alter secrity preferences.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I think we all seem to agree that having a delete and reverse (subject to user privileges) option at the same time would be a big timesaver! Please vote for it so we can try and get it implemented.

denisechev
Trusted Cover User
43 Posts
Trusted Cover User

This would be good for me. I currently each month reverse various provisions  and General journal entries  then enter the new ones.  It would be good to always have the option to either reverse or delete without having to go to changing preferences

Sabine
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

Good idea!

MHS
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I know that you can set up the entire system to reverse all transactions but we have chosen not to do this. 

However sometimes it would be nice to be able to reverse payments/receipts rather than delete it currently we go into preferences & change the settings, reverse the payment, then go back & change the setting back again.