Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Filing cabinet for documents

Contributing Cover User

17Posts

214Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Our small business is currently trying to go paperless as much as possible. Any accounts received by email are received as a pdf and I transfer it into files for safe keeping. I started thinking wouldn't it be easy if you were able to scan the document from a scanner /or email and import the pdf and attach to customer file or invoice or receipt number etc thus allowing you to look in the one area for a copy of a document instead of two places. It would be time and cost effective and easy for  the accountant and the tax audit trail or is there something that does this all now and I am behind?

Trying to get beyond the pile of paper.

Maree

suggestion:Accounting and scan software- MYOB accounting & Filing cabinet in one"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1, we are excited to announce the ability to upload and attach documents to Spend Money transactions and cards. This is also in addition to the AccountRight In Tray.

92 Comments
marnruss
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

It would be GREAT (and to compete with Xero) if AccountRight Live Plus could have the functionality to scan a copy of say a fuel receipt you can so that you are not having to keep the hard copy.

In addition it would be great to be able to attach a note, so that your account can see that note or vice versa.

These are features available on competition cloud based accounting that would seriously be FANTASTIC.

Cheers!

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

I totally agree with the above user as this is one of the best features of XERO.

Rochelle23
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

I like operating a paperless office, so will MYOB AccountRight Live be implementing the function to attach a PDF of receipts/invoices etc to Purchase or Spend Money entries?

Cheers

Rochelle

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

We are planning to add this capability into the product in a future release.  Once approach we are looking at is rather than storing the actual document in the company file itself, allow a link to be stored against the transactions, you would then click the link and it would dispaly.  Would this meet your requirement?

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
We are looking at adding this capability to the product in a future release. I agree it would be a great addition.
Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I too have been looking for a solution to this for ages. I used to work with a large company that had a document managment program however it was not linked to the accounting software although it could have been set up to do so. 

I strongly suggest that for this to work effectively, MYOB would need to have a button that once pressed, would link you directly to the invoice / receipt / purchase order / quote etc from within the screen that does the processing for that document. Where the document is actually stored is less of an issue however, it would make sense for them to be stored externally to MYOB otherwise the datafile becomes too large to handle and would take ages to load.

Something like a hyperlink might work if it guaranteed full integrity with the document and the accuracy within MYOB.

Greg

booksbysarah
3 Posts
User

Hi,

I would love this feature.  I hear another software co has a similar function on their mobile app, whereby you can take a photo of a credit card receipt and this photo is then embedded in the spend money transaction.  Would be fantastic for tradies, especially if the photos can be batched or flagged "to be entered" until the the relevant spend money transaction is created.

Don't see a problem with the storage location being outside the file - but aren't we working on cloud based software here? 

thanks

Sarah

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Many thanks for your feedback. We plan to add this capability into AccountRight in a future update of the software. We welcome further comments and will keep you informed of progress.
Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

This is great news Jason. I look forward to its implentation with much enthusiasm.

Greg