Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Filing cabinet for documents

Contributing Cover User

17Posts

214Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Our small business is currently trying to go paperless as much as possible. Any accounts received by email are received as a pdf and I transfer it into files for safe keeping. I started thinking wouldn't it be easy if you were able to scan the document from a scanner /or email and import the pdf and attach to customer file or invoice or receipt number etc thus allowing you to look in the one area for a copy of a document instead of two places. It would be time and cost effective and easy for  the accountant and the tax audit trail or is there something that does this all now and I am behind?

Trying to get beyond the pile of paper.

Maree

suggestion:Accounting and scan software- MYOB accounting & Filing cabinet in one"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1, we are excited to announce the ability to upload and attach documents to Spend Money transactions and cards. This is also in addition to the AccountRight In Tray.

92 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SteveW

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB OnTheGo and the scanning of information.

I have merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Kerry_Black
Super Partner
482 Posts
Super Partner

wish I could vote for this 100 times

RobertLopez
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

Thanks for that - try and get some of your colleagues to post. Too many accountants and bookkeepers are so busy they do not spend much time thinking about what is happening with technology and software automation. Companies like MYOB, if their IT guys knew a bit more about what it is like being an accountant etc at the coal face, could help a lot in helping us run better accounting systems.

Sarah2016
1 Post
Cover User

I think it would be a really great tool if we could attach a document (like an Invoice or Receipt) to a transaction - this function is available in Xero and I would really appreciate it if it was available in MYOB as well.  I think that alot of other businesses (especially small businesses) would benefit from this feature.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sarah2016

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight

I have merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

FoleyBusMan
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

The Enter Purchase is the more accurate method of recording expenses, especillay with the ability to now attach expsnse bills to the purchase. But with many transactions now paid electronically the two are starting to blur. Why have two seperate transaction types?

I only use Receive Money for inter account transactions ie Loans, bank transfers between bank accounts, Petty Cash etc. Because this is a cash only transaction unrelated to a purchase of good or service. I don't use the 'Transfer Money' feature of Accounts because you can't change the transaction details once processed ie date, account etc without having to delete the transaction and then re-enter it. This is an issue for bank reconciliations when you reconcile one bank account and find the transaction was placed to the wrong account after the other has been reconciled. Deleting the transaction requires having to redo the reconciliation for the other bank account again. This is why I use 'Receive Money' (Spend Money uses the cheque feature which is now archaic!) because I can change the transaction details without affecting the already reconciled bank account.

I have recently posted the need for the Bank Feeds to also include as part of 'Pay Bill' the addition of a button being able to add a new 'Enter Purchase' while processing the bank reconciliation, to save having to leave the bank reconciliation. Also the ability to change the date of the payment in the transaction if the bank feed is not the same as on bank statement due to incongruency between Bank Feed v Bank Statement on credit card statements. The 'Enter Purchase' also allows for the invoice to be attached to the transaction, which is great for the purpose of audit.

The 'Transfer Money', 'Spend/Receive Money' and "Enter Purchase/Pay Bills' needs to be updated given most transactions are now electronic.

Also, why does the pdf document for an invoice have to be loaded through the 'In Tray' if the Purchase already exists? Why can't you have an 'Attach Invoice' button in the top right of the 'Purchase' screen? If I have already prepared the purchase, having the 'attach invoice' button can allow me to open up the browser to search for the invoice to attach as to closing and going through 'In Tray' to upload, find the transaction and then attach?! How will MYOB be handling e-invoicing for this?

'In Tray'- Why can't we select more than one invoice to upload as a batch as to having to select each individual invoce to upload? Having the ability to upload multiple expense invoices would be better. Just ensure the upload prioritises each invoice to be uploaded for the purposes of processing efficiency. For example, I select 10 expense invoices to upload through In Tray. I don't want to wait for all the expense invoices to load before I can start attaching or creating a new bill. Once one invoice loads I should be able to start processing it while the other expense invoices are uploading.

I like the idea mentioned in another members post about having a better file management system for this, especially where many invoices can be made electronically and are emailed requiring the invoice to be downloaded from email to PC and then uploaded to MYOB. Will e-invoicing remove this double process of downloading then uploading?

Suzi-L
5 Posts
Cover User

This could also be extended to allow invoice approvals to be done within the system.  At present, it is necessary to engage a third party supplier to manage online approvals which is a real timewaster (and money)

Katrina_Hamann
Experienced Partner
22 Posts
Experienced Partner

I cannot see a date on the post that advises that this is indevelopment.  I placed a request for this facility in MYOB a long time ago and have had lots of added comments via the idea exchange land in my inbox with others wanting the same. Other programs allow attaching pdfs to more than just purchases and I believe it is a vital element of keeping in the forefront of accounting software.  We are set to have to pass on a cost increase for MYOB products to our clients and yet it isn't delivering.  I have even seen comments of people no longer referring clients to MYOB and believe me I am hesitant at the current time. Look at all the ideas and there is only 1 in development??? Lift your game MYOB and work on the product not the pageantry.

AngelaL
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Additionally it would be fantastic if there was a way to utilise the data in MYOB AE for practice Debtors via an intray function or similar so that our practice MYOB Accountright datafile can be used to monitor Receivables.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1, we are excited to announce the ability to upload and attach documents to Spend Money transactions and cards. This is also in addition to the AccountRight In Tray.