Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Filing cabinet for documents

Contributing Cover User

17Posts

214Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Our small business is currently trying to go paperless as much as possible. Any accounts received by email are received as a pdf and I transfer it into files for safe keeping. I started thinking wouldn't it be easy if you were able to scan the document from a scanner /or email and import the pdf and attach to customer file or invoice or receipt number etc thus allowing you to look in the one area for a copy of a document instead of two places. It would be time and cost effective and easy for  the accountant and the tax audit trail or is there something that does this all now and I am behind?

Trying to get beyond the pile of paper.

Maree

suggestion:Accounting and scan software- MYOB accounting & Filing cabinet in one"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1, we are excited to announce the ability to upload and attach documents to Spend Money transactions and cards. This is also in addition to the AccountRight In Tray.

92 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
The ability to add email attachments when emailing from AccountRight has been added in version 2013.4.
SammiB
Trusted Partner
91 Posts
Trusted Partner

Great idea, we have a couple of programs that do similar things.

Would be great to link a pdf invoice to a supplier etc.

has my vote. 

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

I apologise, this suggestion has been marked as implemented in error. The changes above in 2013.4 refer to emailing. This suggestion has now been reopened.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
As it appears we have duplicates for this suggestion, we are marking this copy as a duplicate. We apologise for the inconvenience and encourage you to cast your vote for this suggestion here: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/suggestion-Accounting-and-scan-software-MYOB...
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
As it appears we have duplicates for this suggestion, we are marking this copy as a duplicate. We apologise for the inconvenience and encourage you to cast your vote for this suggestion here: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/suggestion-Accounting-and-scan-software-MYOB...
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
We're happy to let you know this feature has been planned for release for all products in the AccountRight Live range.
Ausworld
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

It would be nice to have the ability to attaché copy of cash expenses receipts to your expense account

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

This idea has already been suggested on this link suggestion:Accounting and scan software- MYOB accounting & Filing cabinet in one - suggested 19/9/2012 - 52 Votes.

Please read it, add your comments and vote for it by clicking the '+ Vote' icon.

Thank you.

Bernie
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have a client that is looking to move to another accounting package just to be able to have this function and I am fighting tooth and nail to keep them with MYOB as I feel MYOB is a better fit overall for them but fear that this type of mobile feature could sway them to move to another product.

Another function they would like to see is to be able to look at the dash board on a mobile device as well.

Cheers,

Bernie.

Accounting & Business Support Services Ltd

Auckland

New Zealand