Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Filing cabinet for documents

Contributing Cover User

17Posts

214Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Our small business is currently trying to go paperless as much as possible. Any accounts received by email are received as a pdf and I transfer it into files for safe keeping. I started thinking wouldn't it be easy if you were able to scan the document from a scanner /or email and import the pdf and attach to customer file or invoice or receipt number etc thus allowing you to look in the one area for a copy of a document instead of two places. It would be time and cost effective and easy for  the accountant and the tax audit trail or is there something that does this all now and I am behind?

Trying to get beyond the pile of paper.

Maree

suggestion:Accounting and scan software- MYOB accounting & Filing cabinet in one"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1, we are excited to announce the ability to upload and attach documents to Spend Money transactions and cards. This is also in addition to the AccountRight In Tray.

92 Comments
Dwain
2 Posts
User

Has this been implemented yet? And will it work with AccountRight Premier?

We want to go paperless and all PO's from our clients are emailed to us. This will help to make all transaction information locatable in one place.

Dwain
2 Posts
User

Has this been implemented yet? And will it work with AccountRight Premier?

We want to go paperless and all PO's from our clients are emailed to us. This will help to make all transaction information locatable in one place.

An earlier post suggested it would be implemented in the early part of 2015.

Sorry i may have posted this accidentally in a duplicate post.

janmen
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

I also wish to know if this is done yet.

Three years to develop this important feature is a bit long in the tooth. I am looking for an alternative..

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Dwain

Thanks for your enquiry

Currently AccountRight 201x* allows for documents to be scanned and upload to the AccountRight In Tray. This is allows for the system to generate a bill off that purchase or be linked to an existing purchase. For more information into In Tray please see Help Article: Working with In Tray documents

*Please note that the company file must be in the cloud for you to upload a document. Along with that this feature is only available for AccountRight 201x range and is currently not available for AccountRight Classic i.e. AccountRight v19.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Dwain

Thanks for your enquiry

I see you have posted a similar enquiry on suggestion Accounting and scan software - MYOB accounting & Filing cabinet in one I have responded to that enquiry for you.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @janmen

As mentioned above, currently this feature is included for purchases in the AccountRight Live range i.e. AccountRight 201x. Please note that the company file does need to be in the cloud for it to function.

SteveW
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi - adding the ability to scan receipts/bills and add as expenses using smartphone camaer would be a huge improvement for MYOB OnTheGo - is this on the radar?

BLComputers
5 Posts
User

Totally agree, this is something that would make the app go from average to excellent. 

Harry Bekkevold

BL Computers

John_P
43 Posts
Former Staff

Would also love to see this excellent feature. Clients want the ability to be able to simply take a photo of a receipt and then have it allocated to the MYOB account ledger.

RobertLopez
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

Many online cloud accounting platforms allow you to attach a PDF to any transaction. This means you can spend money, attach a receipt or invoice etc. MYOB limits you to purchases where a creditor must be raised etc. Why is this so important, in our opinion?

The power of cloud is the online sharing of information. I open a set of accounts see something was paid with a CC, say $15 and with a click I can see the receipt. MYOB forces you to create a creditor, raise a bill and then pay it. Very time wasting.

We are a fully paperless office and promote to and as a result tend to attract clients with a similar outlook to office admin systems. In our office, as well as more than a few of our clients, tagging PDF's with key information happens every day. Example, $100 is spent at Harvey Norman. Reception scans and tags the receipt with a short audio tag (takes only a few seconds to do) that explains something about the payment. Someone using MYOB then can not only access the receipt but gets details as well. 

We see MYOB as a cloud based accounting driven database - our clients want to find things in MYOB as a first port of call. Example, looking for details on an insurance policy. Go to MYOB look for the payment and attached in the PDF that contains the receipt and the policy PDS. Again because we are paperless many of our PDF's tell a story and MYOB then becomes the place where you find it. With this in mind the easier it is to attach to anything the better.