Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: MULTI CURRENCY IN PREMIER

Ultimate Partner

1,158Posts

170Kudos

151Solutions

1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Hello all,

I had, until this week, understood that the Multi-Currency functions in the Classic Premier version would be available in the 2014 Live version later this year.

It appears that this is now not the case, and may not even happen next year, or even longer.

I have a number of clients now using M-C in Premier v19.10 who want to move to the live version to obtain the benefits that they see available, but it now seems they will be stuck with the old version for quite some time.

All that they get for their almost $1200 pa subscription is updates of tax tables.

I urge all Premier M-C users and those with clients using M-C to vote to have this functionality returned without delay.

Cheers

David

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

Following on from our earlier AccountRight multi-currency beta program, AccountRight 2019 and 2020 versions has introduced the multi-currency feature to a variety of windows and functions. Check out Working with multi-currency to get started.

37 Comments
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Suggest you look at the great multi-currency features in QuickBooks Onlinefrom Intuit Australia. Serious competition there !

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Kym__Yeoward 

Multi-currency is due for release later this year - but it has always been the poor-mans part of the premier pack seeing little or no development over the years.

I have [untill recently] used the premier multi-currency part extensively - and was recently asked to give written comments on old and desired new features for the multi-currency 2014 version. I was then extensively interviewed re my comments.

I am sure other longterm users of multi-currency will have been so asked for critique.

If my comments and thoughts and recommendations are listened to - and are the same as other users the new multi-currency should be a whole lot different from the old.

I do know for example that the cumbersome dual currency account necessary in the old premier is to go!

Watch this space but I think there will be a lot of new features - thank goodness

The Doc

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your post, @Kym__Yeoward

As the Doc mentioned, we are currently working on including multi currency functionality to AccountRight Premier. We expect to release a multi currency capable version of Premier by the end of this year. 

Please do post again should you have any further queries.

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

hi @Suja_P 

Release later this year?? - not what we heard at conference!

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @jenniek, I will seek an update from the team.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agreed and voted.

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Multi-currency is a must and MYOB to not deliver multi-currency in the new version would undoubtedly send people looking elsewhere.

The Doc

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Agree - have to say I'm already looking elsewhere to do the best for my clients!

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback. We are still committed to adding multi-currency functionality to the Premier version of the new AccountRight. However, the functionality is difficult to implement and won't be available in 2014. We will update this post when we have more information. Thanks for your patience. 

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback. We are still committed to adding multi-currency functionality to the Premier version of the new AccountRight. However, the functionality is proving difficult to implement and unfortunately won't be available in 2014. We will update this post when we have more information about a release. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.