Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: MULTI CURRENCY IN PREMIER

Ultimate Partner

1,158Posts

153Kudos

151Solutions

1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Hello all,

I had, until this week, understood that the Multi-Currency functions in the Classic Premier version would be available in the 2014 Live version later this year.

It appears that this is now not the case, and may not even happen next year, or even longer.

I have a number of clients now using M-C in Premier v19.10 who want to move to the live version to obtain the benefits that they see available, but it now seems they will be stuck with the old version for quite some time.

All that they get for their almost $1200 pa subscription is updates of tax tables.

I urge all Premier M-C users and those with clients using M-C to vote to have this functionality returned without delay.

Cheers

David

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

Following on from our earlier AccountRight multi-currency beta program, AccountRight 2019 and 2020 versions has introduced the multi-currency feature to a variety of windows and functions. Check out Working with multi-currency to get started.

37 Comments
christine0310
1 Post
Cover User

I totally agree with you. Would like to know if at any stage that AccountRight will be getting the Multi Currency feature.

jimmywr
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

We dropped myob Dec 16 due this.  When I cancelled my maintenance they still did not get it.

We went true cloud.  AR is not true cloud anyway.

IanV
1 Post
Cover User

To add to this...

We are currently using AccountRight Enterprise v19.13, and our file is large, and has Multi-Currency enabled.

As we have done international payments and the like over the time (our file has been upgraded over many versions, maybe since 2002?), there are some cards and invoices etc in other currencies as well.

We are trying to start using AccountRight Live / Premier (i think) to benefit from 'the cloud', but we cannot upgrade our file due to the above scenario.

And doing an Export / Import as MYOB suggest was declined by our Finance team.

So we are in the same boat, we either require Live / Premier to support Multi-Currency, or modify the upgrade tool to handle the Multi-Currency tickbox and any records within, maybe giving the end user options around converting to local currency or removing records, etc.

AMA
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

MULTI CURRENCY IN ACCOUNTRIGHT LIVE

Why is this not available on AccountRight Live,  - I see the above post from 2014 - surely 3 yrs on this has been added - alas NO as per recent phone call with MYOB support.  Come on MYOB, in today's world a large number of companies are involved in multi currency sales and purchases.

Please advise when this option will be available.

Cheers

Lesley

ledgerbility
6 Posts
Cover User

when is this going to happen without the need for an add on. seems to be not on the priority list.

I have many customers who will soon be moving to Xero as this is a feature they offet as standard!!

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi all, as most of you you may know by now, we've been building multi-currency for AccountRight Premier and expect to deliver it soon. The functionality is currently in beta, but you can have a play and see what it currently can—and can’t—do in the AccountRight Premier 2018.2 sample file.

To learn about our multi-currency beta program, where it’s headed, or how you can get involved, visit our website. And if you have any questions or feedback around the multi-currency test drive in Clearwater sample file, please let us know via the Multi Currency Test Drive board.

For more information on Idea Statuses, please read - Changes to our Idea Exchange pages.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Following on from our earlier AccountRight multi-currency beta program, AccountRight 2019 and 2020 versions has introduced the multi-currency feature to a variety of windows and functions. Check out Working with multi-currency to get started.