Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Open data file from command line argument without adding to library

User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi!

Please consider re-introducing the ability to open a MYOX data file in AccountRight 201x from a location passed as a command line argument. At the moment it is necessary to add the file location to the local library first. Our accounting firm uses the HowNow document management system to manage data files for hundreds of clients, but this solution no longer works with the newer MYOB versions at all.

Opening data files in this way worked with all MYOB editions prior to 201x.

Thanks!

Joel

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thank you for your feedback JoelW. The Library system was designed as it is to allow the Live Services to work, we can appreciate might be an inconvenience to those who use third party systems to manage their files. So looking into a way to more it more friendly with these is something we can look into. As our priority is based on feedback, it would be great to see some comments and votes on this idea from the community showing their support.

2 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your feedback JoelW. The Library system was designed as it is to allow the Live Services to work, we can appreciate might be an inconvenience to those who use third party systems to manage their files. So looking into a way to more it more friendly with these is something we can look into. As our priority is based on feedback, it would be great to see some comments and votes on this idea from the community showing their support.
Geoff_A
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I just want to be able to open my data file with 1 click. I am a sole trader with 1 set of books. The rigmarole of opening the library then click open file (cos I use a different screen size) and then the security drama. It takes too long.

My original MYOB First Accounts Ver 2.0.4 delivered on little floppy disks was quicker to open.

Geoff